Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

are your kids as helpful as mine?

staceybstaceyb
posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
- My blog
its just starting piddling down here and ive had to put catherines bike in the garage which is right at the end of the garden then get the kids toys, that theyve been playing with, indoors. did catherine and ben help? nooooooooooooo. they stood in the doorway shouting 'hurry up mummy. youre getting wet' yeah thanks for that LOL

Join JustParents to remove this advert

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
I have the very same problem and I am afraid that I will have to lump my husband in with that statement. Their idea of helping me is to tell me it's raining and then leave me to do all the running around and to try and get the washing in.

A couple of weeks ago I was haveing a well deserved lie in. DH left for work just before 7am. He then phoned me at 7:30am waking me up so that he could remind me to put the bins out. What was stopping him from doing it I wonder?

LucyLucy
Hug

kristagkristag
I find the gentle prod of "you'd better put your things away or they'll be ruined" gets Jas to help out pretty quickly Thumbs Up If she won't help with the clearing up, I'm not about to chase after her stuff and sort it for her. Mean old mummy Razz

jo-jojo-jo
Vic is helpful when i want him out of the way and not helpful when i need him to be. LOL
We use the threat of if its not in the toy box it will go in the bin(it works sometimes)LOL Shrug

candgsmumcandgsmum
Yeah sounds like my kids!

Today I got home and the house was a pig sty, so I asked Charlotte to move her toys and tidy up, I got a lovely reply of 'mummy I don't like cleaning up, you do it!'...she didn't get away with it, she had to tidy up and then sit on the step for the attitude Bad! Big mean mummy Embarassed

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Bless i must have one of a kind, she loves helping with the washing and putting it on the airer, altho sometimes can overhelp, by turning the dial on the washing machine from 40 to 90 degrees and making all the washing go pink Shocked

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I have the problem that Aaralyn likes to do regular house cleaning type stuff with me (and some she is actually good at) but I can't ge her to keep her room clean with out an argument... She did say the other day that when we move she is going to really keep her room clean, she just volunteered this outta the blue so I hope she means it!!!

Sorry ya got all soaked Stace! Hug

glowingsunglowingsun
I have that problem with Candra, except she will just got to her room and play or make up some of the most feeble excuses ever. My spouse is not helping either which is probably why Candra doesn't help too. My problem with Rob is that he uses the "I work all day" excuse. Bad!
I would call a family meeting. You need help to keep the place clean. If your husband is also not helping, tell him how much extra energy you'll have at night. Wink
He is a roll model too, and kids folow the laziest parent. And this is about your saniity.
Good luck.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews