Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Signs that baby is on the way

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thinking back, did any of you suddenly realise that you had other signs that baby was on the way?

I'm not talking about breaking waters, Braxton Hicks, etc but maybe more subtle stuff that now you think about it, were good signs to look out for?

Reason I'm wondering is funny aches and pains I'm getting all of a sudden, lots of movement and the distinct feeling she's about to fall out of me (sounds gross I know) when I get up in the night Embarassed

Be really interested to hear of any 'weird' feelings the rest of you had before your little ones arrived Thumbs Up

x

daisy33daisy33
I felt like that with Harrison, you are prob very engaged or baby is very low down.

Not long now then Smile

xxxx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Shocked I hope she holds out for you a bit longer!

I just went into full on nesting syndrome and put Aaralyn's bassinet together the day before i had her, thinking I was weeks ahead of myself Rolling Eyes

Take it easy hun and keep us updated!! Hug

LucyLucy
nope i knew when my baby was on its was was when its head was between my legs, both came very quick!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I was running around like a headless chicken hun, was doing about 6 jobs at once. DF thought i had gone mad, he couldn't keep up with me. I even went for a 6mile walk pushing lolly in the buggy the day before he was born. I did it in 2hrs! LOL Oh and i painted my toenails the night before because i felt like it was time and i had to be presentable! LOL, think it must have been temporary insanity? or maybe not? Unsure Confused Cuckoo Xx

LucyLucy

mum2popsnjak said:
I was running around like a headless chicken hun, was doing about 6 jobs at once. DF thought i had gone mad, he couldn't keep up with me. I even went for a 6mile walk pushing lolly in the buggy the day before he was born. I did it in 2hrs! LOL Oh and i painted my toenails the night before because i felt like it was time and i had to be presentable! LOL, think it must have been temporary insanity? or maybe not? Unsure Confused Cuckoo Xx

all my friends did that, they say its because they wanted nice nails for the dr when he checked them, i say why i cant see my feet let alone paint my nails, and hes not looking at your nails lovey just your fluff!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
LOL i know! Don't know what came over me. Just couldn't help myself? Gave me something to focus on though! Xx

LucyLucy

mum2popsnjak said:
LOL i know! Don't know what came over me. Just couldn't help myself? Gave me something to focus on though! Xx

takes your minds off the fact theirs a baby gonna come from your fluff and theres gonna be a bunch of student drs looking into it!!! Very Happy

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
LOL, yeah lucy, i didn't get that - was high risk so only had pro's! haha. No students for me. Not sure if its a shame or thnak my lucky stars? hehe Xx

kristagkristag

hapydazy said:

Me too hon! Scared I've been nesting like mad. Got the nursery all ready, bought clothes, even made the cot and moses basket up just in case. Not sure it's all me though - I have a very excited hubby Whistling

x

gypseygypsey
mason i was making beds and cleaning 2 hrs later had him good luck hun Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
With Charlotte nothing LOL, I started washing walls and cleaning like a nutter the day I was being induced, but I'm not sure that was because I knew I was coming out of the hospital with a baby more than anything.

George, well i was cleaning for 2 weeks straight and the day I had him, I got the bus into the town centre with Charlotte and went upto Boots to get my Maternity towels because i became concious I was 4 days over and hadn't bought any yet..Boots had them on BOGOF LOL, the lady behind the counter asked if I had long to wait before baby came and I just replied i was 4 days over and hopefully anytime...I decided to walk home, then take out the dog for a huge walk on the playing fields. i then put Charlotte down for a nap and had a pain, so got my head down for a couple of hours...before 10 in the evening I'd had him LOL.

GTTkelGTTkel
I had an upset tummy and an urge to do the ironing! Shrug Both times!

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
the day before i had toby i cleaned the flat top to bottom, done a months worth of shopping, ate a large pizza and 4 diff starters and had a long bath and went to bed early. my waters broke and went into labour 3am that night.
looking back at what i done that day i should've known LOL

with charly it was i had back ache for 2days before x

angelsmomangelsmom
well i knew with casey coz they told me i was having section that day LOL.

with hayden i had nothing until the mornin when i went 4 a consultant app n she gave me an internal n told me i was 2cms and 80%ephaced.

AlexAlex Moderator
I was induced so didnt have any signs.

Asked my friend and she said her babies both went really quiet and didnt move as much (saving their energy she said for her LONG labours)

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

kristag said:

hapydazy said:

Me too hon! Scared I've been nesting like mad. Got the nursery all ready, bought clothes, even made the cot and moses basket up just in case. Not sure it's all me though - I have a very excited hubby Whistling

x

Awww Love I bet he is! well tell baba to keep in there for a bit longer, we're not ready for little Miss quite yet! Hope you're feeling more relaxed and have had a good weekend!

kristagkristag
Yes had a good weekend and we've been off for 2 weeks hols chilling out. Shame the weather has been so dire Sad Not to worry, it's been fun anyway.

I'm holding out Thumbs Up Babe is moving around like crazy now. Getting very excited myself Clapping

x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews