Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I am really scared! Light brownish blood today. Help.

mango82mango82
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Has anyone experienced any brown bleeding, only light but there! i would normally be due on my period this weekend, is this a coincidence? i am really worried there is something wrong? any words of advice or anyone had the same thing>?

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I had what seemed like a normal period early on and then some spotting even up to about 8 weeks and that didn't end up being any kind of problem... I hope it's the same for you hun!! Call your MW if you are really concerned, it may help ease your mind Hug

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
hi hun. I had some spotting very early just after i had positive test.I told my gp and she said it was almost certainly an implantation bleed. Then a week or so later i had more light bleeding around the time i would have been due on. Went to gp and she said is quite normal but as i was so worried she would send me for an early scan. I went for a scan at 7wk+5 and it was amazing what you could see. All was fine and sonographer said it was just one of those things. Some people have a very light bleed others don't. they aren't exactly sure why? Try not to worry hun, but if it gets painful or heavy and you pass any clots i would go straight to A+E. Otherwise just mention it when you next see someone or if you really worried make an appointment to see midwife or GP hun. Hope this helps? Xx

GTTkelGTTkel
I had spotting about 6/7 weeks with my first baby. I was worried and phoned the local on call doctor but they told me to lay down quietly and it should soon stop and it did.

soupsoup
my 1st pregnancy i still had periods for 3 months

they were much lighter though

try not to panic but speak to dr/midwife tommorrow and let them know

kristagkristag
I had spotting this time around 5 weeks and again around 7 weeks. I had two scans at the EPU at my local hospital and on the 2nd one, you could see the little heartbeat Thumbs Up It does sound like implantation bleeding but I would suggest getting it checked out a.s.a.p.

The only thing I would watch out for is if it gets heavier or turns red. I had a MC last year that started with a light brown spotting but it just got worse over a couple of days until I was bleeding quite heavily and red. Don't mean to scare you but just a heads up. I'm sure everything will be fine. Let us know how you get along. Hug

LucyLucy
if you are still worried go to the A&E and see someone or call your midwife, they maybe able to do ascan to see if everythings ok.

I hope that you and bub are fine and let us know how you go Love

mango82mango82
Thanks to everyone for their comments. I actually ended up going to A&E after i posted my message. I was too worried due to other factors as well. I have had an on off pain in my left side for weeks and also had a very bad stomach ache that woke me up about 2 weeks ago. The doctor in A&E said brown is much better than red discharge/bleeding. So he was hopeful it was nothing to worry about. However he has booked me in for a scan on sunday morning which i am very relieved about. We go on holiday next thursday so i really need to set my mind at ease before we go. I am keeping all fingers toes legs arms crossed that all is ok!!!

daisy33daisy33
Last edited by daisy33 9 years 2 months ago
This happened to most of my friends, i am sure all will be hunky dorey hon

xxx

JOJOJOJO
BROWN BLOOD MEANS OLD BLOOD SO DONT THINK YOU NEED TO WORRY

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i had a red bleed at this stage hun and all they said it was was i had too much of build up on the lining and needed to lose a bit. apparently almost every woman has a small bleed at some stage during pregnancy so i wouldnt worry hun x

mango82mango82
Hi everyone

Been for an early scan today as the bleeding got worse. They found a heartbeat and say the baby is growing in the right place, cervix closed and no clots. So things are looking positive. I am so relieved its still there! Seeing the heart beat is so amazing. I have to go back for another scan in a week so fingers crossed! Oh they say baby about 4mm so maybe only 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks pregnant.

thanks for everyones comments. Flower

kristagkristag
Glad to hear all is well Clapping Isn't it wonderful when you see that little heartbeat! Thumbs Up

Hope it continues to go well for you hon. Let us all know how you get on in a week's time too won't you. x

AlexAlex Moderator
Glad everything is ok. Clapping

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww glad all looked ok at your early scan hun. I was amazed by what you could see at even that stage! Fingers crossed all continues in a positive way for you hun. They said to me if the find a heartbeat then the odd of miscarriage fall dramatically! So pleased all looks good Xx Clapping

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
aww glad to hear all is ok hun xx

WelshMumWelshMum
Hope you and little one are ok Hug

daisy33daisy33
Ahh glad is all well, how lovely is that feeling when you see the scan

xxx

LucyLucy