Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Where did your waters break?

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 2 months ago
I was chatting with some friends the other day about the worries we have when we're pregnant about where the waters will break and if its a flood or a trickle.

I think we've all worried about strolling around Sainsburys with our weekly shop when we appear to go incontinent in the frozen goods isle Embarassed

I wonder where most people's waters have actually broken though.

For me, with Jas, I was in bed and got up to go to the loo and had a flood.

Did anyone have an embarrassing moment when their waters went?

x

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
With my 1st i didn't have a moment where they broke in sainsbury's or anything. I was in labour in my front room at home, but my eldest was the first grandchild to be born for my mum and dad and the first baby born in my partners family for over 20 years. So everyone was sooo excited and decided to come and see how i was getting on (annoying!) my waters decided to break during one particularly strong contraction in front of everyone in a huge gush and landed at the feet of my father-in-law. I was mortified! LOL. My second didn't break for themselves at all and had to be broken in hospital. Xx

soupsoup
DS came out with a gush. so they broke on the delivery table

daisy33daisy33
They had to break them for me Sad

No free nappies for my waters breaking anywhere exciting like marks and spencers!!!

LihraLihra
Mine at home for the first and my second labour was induced. A friends broke in tesco'c and she got 100 pampers nappies, baby wipes, a change of trousers of her choosing, a bath towel and 4 babygrows (with booties) and they delivered her shopping for free.

So next time i want them to break in tesco's

GTTkelGTTkel
Both of mine were at hospital when I was well and truly in labour.With the first my hind waters went at home just before we left for the hospital then my fore-waters went when I went to the loo between contractions. With my second as soon as my waters went I said "Can I push" and he was ready to come. No one I have known had their waters break in public but I would think it'd ok anyway and everyone would make a fuss to help you.

LucyLucy
m/w broke mine with Tom while i was in labour and with Gemma they went at home on the sofa!

ellee1984ellee1984
mine were broken when i was 8cm dilated after only dilating 1cm in 4hours they decided to speed it up i had been in labour for like over a day at this point aswell and i been in hospital nearly 12 hours so nowhere exciting for me either im afraid

AlexAlex Moderator
MW couldn't break mine as the sack was so tight so mine just went during active labour.

hannah81hannah81
Mine broke in my midwife's face as she bent down to tell me she could see his head. Sadly I was too focused on other thigs to appreciate the joke fully at the time. It did help us with a name though as Daxton means 'Man of gushing water, or Man of the flowing Lakes'. LOL x

candgsmumcandgsmum
Mine are boring too LOL, first time on the toilet in the ward (I was induced) I remember waddling upto the counter where the mw was sat to say I'd been to the loo and something gross just came out of me haha!! I was spaced out on the pethedine I'd not realised what it was.

With George it wasn't until I started to push, I remember them going with a huge gush (I had alot of water with both) fortunate we had just put the plastic down on the living room floor!

JOJOJOJO
with my 1st it was in the delivery ward and 2nd it was in bed LOL

angelsmomangelsmom
casey was a c-section. haydens were broke i think was about 9cm coz i begged her. but it was just aswel app coz sac was very thick n she didnt think i coulda broke em myself.

a friend just had her baby a few weeks ago n her waters went as she stepped of the bus.

jo-jojo-jo
The first time they broke in my lounge room while i was laying down (lucky i was wrapped in a blanket)so it didnt get on the carpet or lounge suite LOL.
This time they had to be broken but as soon as they broke his little head also popped out.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I never experienced waters breaking, labor pains or any of that.... I went in to have some blood taken 6ish weeks before my due date and along with some blood samples, they also took Aaralyn out of me that night LOL!

velouriavelouria
Mine was in the loo in the ward in hospital i remember panicking thinking this is it and started crying ha all i wanted to do was mop it up and argueing with the sister because she was telling me to go back to bed and i was crying saying sorry i'd made a mess

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews