Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Newbie and emotions all over the shop!

KazzieKazzie
posted 9 years 1 month ago
Hello everyone!

My name is Karen and I found out I'm 4 and a bit weeks pregnant last Friday!

To say I'm a bit of a "see-saw" emotion wise is an understatement!

I will be 37 by the time "boo' arrives, (assuming it all goes well) and as we're not telling anyone till after 12 weeks (again assuming it all goes well) I would really appreciated some help and advice from anyone who wants to give it!

Many thanks!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

soupsoup
Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave Wave

welcome

and congratulations

i dont really have much advice im afraid other than take it easy during your 12ww, dont eat the stuff your not spossed too, dont drink, stop smoking if you smoke

im sure everything will be fine

ElinElin
Welcome to JP Wave

daisy33daisy33
HI there and welcome

Firstly a big congrats that fab

YOu will probably be tired so try and get as much sleep in the evenings when your home from work

And try noit to eat any of the foods you should not pate, soft cheese etc.

If you start to feel sick ginger biscuits are always a winner

HOpe to speak soon

ta ta for now

xxx

mango82mango82
Hi congratulations on your great news. I have found that you must listen to your body. I have been really tired over the past few weeks and have struggled to accept i have to rest. Do little and often. Oh and mild exercise like walking seems to help with tummy ache which i believe is your uterus stretching to make a home for little one. Take care and enjoy.

Flower

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww, welcone to JP Wave. As the others have all said. Try to take things as easy as possible while you can. The first stage is probably the hardest bar the last few weeks. what makes it even harder is most people haven't told anyone their good news. I would think about telling maybe 1 or 2 people who you are particularly close to for some moral support. I told my mum and sister and my sister-in-law before the 12week period as the way i looked at it was if anything awful happened they would know anyway and i would need their support! One last thing, i would try and be as relaxed as possible as being stressed and tense doesn't help with the aches and pains. I'm sure everything will go fine for you. Take care Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Congratulations and welcome to JP!

I became a first time mom at age 33, now almost 39 with a 5 year old. It's trying but awesome just the same from the beginning of pregnancy and on for the rest of their lives but every bit of struggle is worth it when your child smiles for the the first time, tells you they love you for the first time, ect.... Love

Hang around here and you should find great support through out your pregnancy and beyond!

LucyLucy
congratulations

KazzieKazzie
Thanks so much everyone for your support, I really haven't got my head round it yet! I came off the pill (I'd been on it since I was 16) in June and had one failed month and this month has worked, it all seems too easy!

I would really like to speak with someone in confidence about this but my Mum has said, and I quote "don't expect me to look after it!' (I don't think she wants to become a Grandma!) so won't be going there as first choice, I have a mate up the road from me so with the BF's permission, will hopefully go and speak to her soon.

One minute I'm scared, next minute I have this massive smile and really want to bounce around the room!

I have just started to take Folic Acid, I hope it's not to late! I'm not finding that I'm tired or queasy yet so I guess that will come as I'm pretty sure my conception date was 28th Jul, making me only really 3 weeks gone?

candgsmumcandgsmum
Don't worry about dates too much, you will have a dating scan at around 12/13 weeks and the dates I was always given to begin with changed a couple of times before one was settled on.

Sickness started at different times with my two, with my first I was really tired for a good month before clocking on what might be causing it I think I was about 6 weeks before I realised haha! with my second I was about 7/8 weeks before I started to feel any symptoms.

Welcome to JP and congrats Wave

AlexAlex Moderator
Wave welcome to JP and congratulations on your pregnancy Baby

I never took folic acid in my pregnancy (I wasnt even offered it)

kristagkristag
Welcome to JP Wave

I was a first time mum at 33 and having second now at 42. Try and relax until your 12 week scan. No reason anything should not be perfect for you Thumbs Up

I found I got morning sickness (read as 'all day sickness') around 8 weeks which stopped around 18 weeks Crying I used to eat little snacks often - as has been mentioned, ginger biscuits are great and also have some little apples, grapes, etc to nibble on when the sickness arrives.

I started taking the Pregnacare with Omega 3 when I found I was pregnant. The folic acid is great during the first 12 weeks when the neural tube is forming - it's certainly not to late to start Smile

Hope all goes well and look forward to hearing from you more on the site Hug

daisy33daisy33
37 your still a spring chicken!!!!

I was happy one minute and very scared the next, i think thats totally normal.

I am sure your mum will come round, its prob a shock. Feel free to ask away with any questions Smile

Where do you live?

xx

KazzieKazzie
posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone and thanks for the new posts.

I'm afraid I can't say where I live just yet as pretty sure someone "might" use this forum also that I know, I want to make sure all is well before we start telling everyone, although I have told a close friend who is also a counselor so she should be able to help me and I know I can trust her to be confidential.

I'm more excited now the worries and scared feelings are getting less!

The midwife rang me last night and I have my booking in appointment on 15th September.

Just reading articles of pregnancy over 30, bit worrying but that's what the scans are for I guess.

x

kristagkristag
Don't let yourself get too wound up by what articles say. Mother nature is a wonderful thing Very Happy

If you have worries about the health of the baby, make sure you go along and have the appropriate scans at 12 and 20 weeks to reassure yourself. I chose to go to the Fetal Medicine Centre in London for my 12 week scan - their detection rate of abnormalities is far higher than my local hospitals and I'd been there when pregnant with Jas too over 10 years ago.

Hope everything goes well for you Hug

And yes, my emotions were all over the place at first too. I think it happens to all of us Embarassed

daisy33daisy33
I understand totally

I am from Warwickshire, and went to the Fetal imaging centre in Leamington Spa and they were totally fab. It only cosy £40 for the scan and extra for some further tests

Hope you have a nice bank holiday

xx

KazzieKazzie
posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Hi All, thanks for the supportive words again,

I'm getting more used to this now, and reading up everyday how "boo" is growing, it's quite amazing really.

Had my first bout of nausea and tiredness over bank holiday weekend, not actually sick but feeling very queezy!

Off on hols to Ibiza next week, it's an all inclusive holiday (no alcohol for me though) and I'm guessing the food is not going to be that nutritionally balanced, is it ok to take multi vitamins when pregnant?

WelshMumWelshMum

Kazzie said:
Hi All, thanks for the supportive words again,

I'm getting more used to this now, and reading up everyday how "boo" is growing, it's quite amazing really.

Had my first bout of nausea and tiredness over bank holiday weekend, not actually sick but feeling very queezy!

Off on hols to Ibiza next week, it's an all inclusive holiday (no alcohol for me though) and I'm guessing the food is not going to be that nutritionally balanced, is it ok to take multi vitamins when pregnant?

Hi there and congratulations! I am 6 weeks and 2 days with baby 3, due 29th April. My nausea has kicked in properly now, don't you just hate it when you want to but not quite enough- not that it's fun being sick! Cuckoo

I have been taking the asda pregnancy vitamins (2 for £4, 30 tabs a pack and 1 a day), have everything you need in them including 400mg folic acid.

Lou x

WelshMumWelshMum

daisy33 said:
I understand totally

I am from Warwickshire, and went to the Fetal imaging centre in Leamington Spa and they were totally fab. It only cosy £40 for the scan and extra for some further tests

Hope you have a nice bank holiday

xx

I'd love 1 of those scans, did you get a dvd of the scan too? How do you go about booking it?

daisy33daisy33
£40 was a bargain, and they spent so much time with you and really nice.

Yes i got pictures and a dvd Very Happy

I just called up and made an appointment, they have these clinics all over. But live only a few miles from Leamington. Would you like me to find number for you?

x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews