Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

How long did it take you to concieve?

heather08heather08
posted 9 years 1 month ago
how long did it take you to conceive from when you started trying for a baby

just a general query?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well we weren't trying with Charlotte LOL, but not been overly careful either Embarassed

I'm came off the pill and it took 11 months to fall on with George.

daisy33daisy33
For me years, i have no idea why?!!! We were just picking up the injections and things to start ivf as i thought i had a water infection but was actually pregnant. I can honestly say that was the best day ever untill Harrison was born!!!

kristagkristag
With Jas the first time we tried (dangerous to be passing on the stairs Embarassed ). That was 10 years ago though.

Last year within a couple of months but I had a MC. After that, we tried again pretty much straight away and it took 4 months for this little one to be on the way Clapping

To be honest, I think the more relaxed you are about things, the better the chances.

RichRich Moderator
2 weeks to Concieve our little one ( On the way, not born yet )..

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I always kind of feel bad answering this question to someone who's been TTC but, Embarassed Aaralyn was conceived the second time her father and I were intimate with each other... she was not in the plan at the time (atleast I wasn't aware of it till I became pregnant with her Happy )

soupsoup
over 2 years with this one

MummyBMummyB
6months with DD and 3 months with recent MC. Smile

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I also feel bad telling people who have been TTC how long it took me but my 1st LO was conceived while i was on the pill (didn't miss any either) Wasn't too much of a shock as we were going to start trying anyway. LO no.2 was the 1st time we tried. But i had been following my cycle and was pretty sure i was ovulating before the baby dance started. . . i still think my OH must have super sperm though! LOL

heather08heather08
thanks for this everyone...we are not trying just yet but its just for future reference...but i bet if i didn't want to get pregnant straight away and we started trying then i would and vice versa! LOL Embarassed

JuzlJuzl
[/b]Trying to conceive baby no 2

Hi, my darling fiance and I have a 2 year old son and have been TTC no 2 for 19 months with no luck. We are so frustrated because it only took 3 months with our son and we are currently undergoing investigations into our fertility but it is a real waiting game.

I am new here and would love some support while I wait. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat? I would love to hear from you Smile

Babydust to all,

Jules x

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
you're all gonna hate me it was first time with both Embarassed

soupsoup

Juzl said:
[/b]Trying to conceive baby no 2

Hi, my darling fiance and I have a 2 year old son and have been TTC no 2 for 19 months with no luck. We are so frustrated because it only took 3 months with our son and we are currently undergoing investigations into our fertility but it is a real waiting game.

I am new here and would love some support while I wait. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat? I would love to hear from you Smile

Babydust to all,

Jules x

sometimes it just takes time Shrug

with my 1st i fell after 5months and then it took me over 2 years the second time

i was investigated and discovered i had pcos- check here to see if you have any of the symptons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

theres a drug called clomid that forces you to release eggs if you are not ovulating - but it makes you gain weight

if you are over weight at all ..... lose it !!

start a diet, go to the gym, start jogging etc etc

i lost nearly a stone and it happened for me

good luck Hug

mumof2boysmumof2boys
i had to take clomid tablets to help conceive first DS but didn't use anything after and nad 2nd DS three years later.

heather08heather08
iv been on the pill since i was 16 and im now 24 so im hoping when we start TTC it wouldn't be too long....but do you think because i have been on the pill for so long, without a break, it will effect it? Shrug

ElementaryElementary
I had PCOS took about 3 years Sad

jo-jojo-jo
We got pregnant first shot with our first then with our second it took nearly two years. Shrug

etroytwetroytw
With our first, it was within a few weeks (when we first got together), i was on the pill after and started trying in 2006 for our second, it took 6 months and i thought that was a long time. Now i'm pregnant for third time and we weren't trying this time, but i wasn't on pill we were just using condoms (and not all the time), this time it took 10 months. I notice most of the time, lots of babies are unplanned. but i have heard of stories where people have been trying. A friend of my mums got told she couldn't have kids at all, with no treatment she suddenly got pregnant after 3 years of trying and had 5 kids in total (boys and girls) in the space of about 12 years.
i just wish everyone who's TTC the very best, and patience. as the saying sometimes goes Good things come to those who wait. (not always having the choice)
all the best everyone xxx

Sweetpea2020Sweetpea2020
posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
so far almost 15months been pregnant lots but miscarried all and still no baby in our arms

LucyLucy
posted 9 years 3 weeks ago
tok about a year with Tom and about 3/6 months with Gemma

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews