Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What tog at night time??Gro bag

daisy33daisy33
posted 9 years 3 months ago
Went to buy summer tog sleep pod and mother care only do 1 tog and 2.5 tog. What are you putting your baby to sleep in this weather?

Harrison has always worn sleep pods from day one, but i feel a pod would be too much, i know they do 0.5 tog ones for tropical heat, well its not that but so close and warm for the wee ones.

What are all you lot doing??

Just about to have a barbee and make the most of it while its here Very Happy

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
When Aaralyn was Harrison's age and it was hot I'd just put her to bed in her diaper...

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph would go to bed in his vest and I would put a light sheet over him. He lived in his grow back in the winter though.

jo-jojo-jo
I also put Vic in his singlet/vest with his nappy in summer and cover him lightly as our airconditioning is pretty cold.

TAMSTAMS
Cassie has been sleeping in nappy, vest and a muslim cloth over the top. She wakes slightly when it finally gets cool then we put on a cool 100% cottn sheets. This has been working for 6-8hours a night not bad for an almost 6 week old Thumbs Up

LucyLucy
yeah id go with a sheet and nappy and vest

orc30orc30
We only ever used sheets and blankets with ours. In the summer a single sheet and they would be wearing a nappy plus a vest.

Now maybe its just that I'm a man or these are new inventions in the last 4 years (which I doubt) but what are "grow backs" and "sleep pods"?

AlexAlex Moderator

orc30 said:
We only ever used sheets and blankets with ours. In the summer a single sheet and they would be wearing a nappy plus a vest.

Now maybe its just that I'm a man or these are new inventions in the last 4 years (which I doubt) but what are "grow backs" and "sleep pods"?

they are not a new invention. Joseph is nearly 5 and had 1 Very Happy

They are ideal when you have a baby who keeps kicking off the covers

here is a LINK for you

daisy33daisy33
There fab they just do up with 2 press studs at the top and you zip them up round them. think they were invented to help with the risk of cot death as the sheets or blankets can not go over there head.

last night i just put him in a light sleep suit with no feet in and no sheet, gro bag or anything as it was 27 degrees in his room Sad

To night i might just have him in a vest if it stays as warm

orc30orc30

Alex said:

orc30 said:

here is a LINK for you

Okay, so its a sleeping bag with arm and head holes.

AlexAlex Moderator

orc30 said:

Alex said:

orc30 said:

here is a LINK for you

Okay, so its a sleeping bag with arm and head holes.

yes- just a posh name really

daisy33daisy33
Have no idea how long they have been around, but was told about them for Harrison who is just over 7 months.

yes a posh word for a sleep bag i guess

candgsmumcandgsmum
George was born in the hot summer and newborn I could only put him in a vest. Last night he wanted to just go to bed with his nappy, he shook his head when I asked him if he wanted his vest on LOL.

What's a vest.... I'm thinking it's something different than what we call a vest Shrug

I wanted to add too, that when it was really hot and I'd put Aaralyn in her cot or crib in just a diaper, I would also put a thin baby blanket or sheet to cover her (which she always, and still does, kicked off)

kirstkirst
vest in something thaty goes on under the t shirt or top tammy hun

hmm ok Monkey I'm still slightly confuse... is it like a onesie? for us, a vest is a sleeveless shirt/sweat (i think you guys call a sweater a jumper?) anyway, it can either be a pull-over or a zip or buttom up, but just has to be sleeveless to be called a "vest"

Doh! I still can't picture what a vest for you guys is... picture maybe?

kirstkirst
ermmm another way of discribing it on a baby it the thing that poppers at the bottom before clothers ect go on top.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Ok hun, Vest

They are also called body suits, but everyone i know calls them vest Smile

yea, I'm thinkin it's what we call a onesie... like a t-shirt and bottoms in one that snaps at the crotch??

Sorry, you know us Americans, duh tee hee Cuckoo (not really though Razz )

candgsmum said:
Ok hun, Vest

They are also called body suits, but everyone i know calls them vest Smile

Yay!! a onesie!!!! Thumbs Up Clapping thanks girls!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews