Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What do/did you eat anyway when you were pregnant

soupsoup
posted 9 years 1 month ago
the list of stuff to avoid is endless and people are constantly adding to it

who climbed out the cotton wool and what did you eat anyway

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
I ate whatever I wanted and did what I wanted too.

soupsoup
i ate peanuts both times

and runny eggs

and mcdonalds milkshakes

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I ate anything I wanted to. I didn't avoid anything except types of fish that tend to have high levels of mercury....

I actually craved healthy things though Shrug and Aaralyn loves healthy stuff, she's not a big junk food eater at all (she'll accept it when offered but doesn't ask for a lot of junk stuff)

JOJOJOJO
everything but most of all pickled onions and monster munch

LucyLucy
i ate everything but i craved tinned tomatoes

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i ate everything but pate thats the only thing i always stay clear of!

kristagkristag
I eat everything I want, including runny eggs. I love chilli and curry and am still eating it even though it gives me raging indigestion Cuckoo

With Jas I ate everything I wanted. I've never liked soft cheeses or pate so wouldn't eat them anyway. Jas loved spicy foods even when she was little and she's not a fussy eater. I weaned her with everything we ate so that meant fish, meat, veg and a takeaway from the local curry house Embarassed

candgsmumcandgsmum
I craved tinned tomatoes too Lucy both times LOL, i'm not sure why and my god the heartburn afterwards LOL!!

With Charlotte in the first 12 weeks i craved bacon and mushroom sandwiched and cheese and pickle sandwiches (but the bread had to wholemeal LOL), it was about all I ate for 12 weeks!!

With George it was party cocktail saussages right at the beginning.

i had different cravings all the way through with George, too many to list. I ate runny eggs, peanuts, prawns, ice cream from the ice cream van, drank alcohol (although in moderation and it was still OK to back then).

catswinniecatswinnie
i eat almost anything i want, dont touch pate though but thats probably because i cant stand the stuff and try not to eat too much fish stuff with high mercury content, im finding it hard keeping to a 'healthy balanced diet' due to the fact i have developed an extremely sweet tooth! (wasnt keen on sweet stuff before pregnancy really not keen on chocolate) seem to crave chocolate eclairs and chocolate doughnuts at the mo! and boy do i sulk if i have none of them in LOL Very Happy

daisy33daisy33
I put on 4.5 stone so as you can imagine i ate what i wanted!!!!!!!!!! I had apple pie and custard every night. Loads of cheese, chips, crisps, cakes and chocolate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It was the best ever, but still trying to work the last 9lbs off, but it was worth it Smile

xxx

kirstkirst
atewot i wanted but wityh all 3 of mine opate was a cravin rite at the start

mango82mango82
Does any one know if its ok to eat mayonnaise? i heard you cant???? Sad

AlexAlex Moderator

mango82 said:
Does any one know if its ok to eat mayonnaise? i heard you cant???? Sad

Jars are fine it is homemade mayo that there are concerns over

mango82mango82
brill thanks x

sugarsugar Moderator
i craved peanuts and mayo (not together obv LOL) and i ate loads of them LOL mayo is fine as long as its pasturized (i.e hellamn's jarred - no delicatessan fresh made)

CharlieloveCharlielove
I just eat and eat Very Happy thou keep craving noodles at the min and am allowed them Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews