Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

wot the f**k is wrong with people

gypseygypsey
posted 9 years 3 months ago
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/07...g-89520-20661719/

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
im speechless Shocked Shocked how can anyone do that?

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
sick and twisted is all i can say!!

LucyLucy
you dont know what her mental state was she may have an underlying medical problem, gruesome though it is, we dont know all the details.

I think shes a very sad young lady who maybe didnt know what she was doing No

gypseygypsey

Lucy said:
you dont know what her mental state was she may have an underlying medical problem, gruesome though it is, we dont know all the details.

i think she did she had two other children why not take the adoption root no sympathy at all sorry

LucyLucy

gypsey said:

Lucy said:

i think she did she had two other children why not take the adoption root no sympathy at all sorry

im not justifying what she did, just we only know what the papers say and that may not be all the details. Shes probably a mixed up woman who just was at the end of the line and didnt know what to do, we dont know anything for sure, dont judge till you know what she did what premeditated

gypseygypsey
No sorry still no sympathy

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I have to agree, no sympathy from me either, to a point. I can't help but think that you have to be a very sick person to do something like this, but I also think that in this case, it seems atleast, that this was motivated by selfishness. Supposedly she didn't let anyone on that she was pregnant so didn't want people to know... maybe she just didn't want to go through the emotion or "hassle" of fessing up about being pregnant and then try to adopt the baby out.

Only thing I can say in this woman's defense is that possibley if she'd been out drinking, she was so drunk while giving birth that she killed the baby accidently... but why would you be out getting drunk in your 8th month of pregnancy?? maybe because she didn't care about that baby to begin with.

I know post partum can make woman do horrible things, and then maybe there can be forgiveness or atleast sympathy, but I don't know that was the case here No

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
I have to agree, no sympathy from me either, to a point. I can't help but think that you have to be a very sick person to do something like this, but I also think that in this case, it seems atleast, that this was motivated by selfishness. Supposedly she didn't let anyone on that she was pregnant so didn't want people to know... maybe she just didn't want to go through the emotion or "hassle" of fessing up about being pregnant and then try to adopt the baby out.

Only thing I can say in this woman's defense is that possibley if she'd been out drinking, she was so drunk while giving birth that she killed the baby accidently... but why would you be out getting drunk in your 8th month of pregnancy?? maybe because she didn't care about that baby to begin with.

I know post partum can make woman do horrible things, and then maybe there can be forgiveness or atleast sympathy, but I don't know that was the case here No

till we know that she had every intention to do this then we shouldnt judge. Anyways no-ones going to back me up on this so for that im out! Bad!

Lucy said:

hapydazy said:

till we know that she had every intention to do this then we shouldnt judge. Anyways no-ones going to back me up on this so for that im out! Bad!

No one's gonna knock you for your opinion hun! and there's nothing wrong with a good debate and opposing opinions here as long as no one starts getting nasty with each other... I respect your opinion and still love ya chick! Hug

LucyLucy

Quote:
No one's gonna knock you for your opinion hun! and there's nothing wrong with a good debate and opposing opinions here as long as no one starts getting nasty with each other... I respect your opinion and still love ya chick!

just felt that she was judged too soon, kwim? wasnt getting nasty just a little upset, i have no sympathy for her just dont beleive in judging people before all the facts have been revelaed. The papers dont always give the proper facts as it doesnt sell papers.

No-one knows if it was pre-meditated, and no-one knows that she knew she was pregnant, she might not have known, if it wasnt obvious to anyone else why should she know? That might be why she was drunk, she might not realise.

Desparate people do desparate things. She may have been very frightened, and for normality carried on like nothing had changed.

So now i really am gonna get off my soapbox!

Points well taken from me hun... you are right about the media, they take it and twist it and run with it that's for sure!

I just didn't want you upset feeling like you couldn't state your opinion and feelings on this or anything else here... we may all disagree at times and that's ok with me Yes makes conversation and life in general more interesting... and I've had my opinion turned around a few times after listening to some one else's thoughts, sometimes we all need a different perspective Wink

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
Points well taken from me hun... you are right about the media, they take it and twist it and run with it that's for sure!

I just didn't want you upset feeling like you couldn't state your opinion and feelings on this or anything else here... we may all disagree at times and that's ok with me Yes makes conversation and life in general more interesting... and I've had my opinion turned around a few times after listening to some one else's thoughts, sometimes we all need a different perspective Wink
Hug

Kiss

LucyLucy
you always seeem to pour calm on things Tam, how do you do it?

daisy33daisy33
Not been on for a few days thats made me feel cold, how horrid and why???

RobRob Admin
- My blog
Tammy = Supermod!

Ever since the media circus of the Madeleine disappearance (which you'll notice papers have virtually stopped mentioning, as it's 'old news'), I'm very reluctant to form an opinion of anyone based on tabloids like the Mirror.

It seems on first glance that this was a terrible act, but who in their right minds could go on holiday, drink excessively then murder a new-born baby? Even if this turns out to be the case, I'd have to question the emotional stability of someone capable of doing that (especially as a mother already!)

Either way, it's a horrible thing to have happened - and in cases like this it's human nature for people to be disgusted at the first answer that seems logical.

Subjects like this can cause real fall-out amongst community members - but I'm proud of you all for being able to discuss it sensibly but honestly and leave the nastiness at all those less friendly sites Wink

Lucy said:
you always seeem to pour calm on things Tam, how do you do it?

Thanks Lucy, I think it's because I really need calm and peace in my life (there's been a lot of turbulence!!) and I like to try to spread it to those "around" me Flower

I also have a very open mind and I always try to see things from all points of view and I can usually agree to disagree (but not always Razz sometimes if I think I'm right about something, nothing will get me to back down from that!)

Tammy = Supermod = Embarassed Razz (but thank you Smile )

AlexAlex Moderator

Lucy said:

just felt that she was judged too soon, kwim? wasnt getting nasty just a little upset, i have no sympathy for her just dont beleive in judging people before all the facts have been revelaed. The papers dont always give the proper facts as it doesnt sell papers.

No-one knows if it was pre-meditated, and no-one knows that she knew she was pregnant, she might not have known, if it wasnt obvious to anyone else why should she know? That might be why she was drunk, she might not realise.

Desparate people do desparate things. She may have been very frightened, and for normality carried on like nothing had changed.

I agree with you Lucy the media are terrible for twisting things and no-one except the young lady(even if she really knows) will really know what has happened. I got annoyed at the media and the whole Maddie thing and people jumping to conclusions. The Media have alot to answer for sometimes.

LucyLucy
thanks for being understanding i know what i read what horrible and i seemed that what she did was a terrible thing and for that shes gonna have to live with it, but we do not know what made her do what she did.

For that i thought that she needed some understanding. I in no way condone what she did, just thought it may be best to understand her and she may have been having some emotional problems at the time only her and her concience will know that

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews