Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

We're doing a mini vacation on the Pura La Vida....

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 2 months ago
And I'm sooooooo excited!!!!

Hopefully on Thursday next week, we'll be heading out for a 4 day trip on the boat. We plan on leaving in the morning, taking the boat down to Virginia (by means of the Atlantic Ocean) which will be an all day trip on the water. We'll sleep on the boat Thursday night, go into port for the day on Friday, possibly sleep on the boat again friday night (or maybe a hotel) and then Saturday we'll be going to an outdoor music festival all day. We'll spend Saturday night down there, probably on the boat and then head back up on Sunday. It all depends on whether my boss will agree to be on stand by to work for me on Monday, just in case we run into any weather problems and it takes us longer to get back up. I talked to her about it yesterday and she said she has to see what's going on with her schedule. Mike said if worse comes to worse and the weather is bad then we'll just rent a car and drive back up and then he'll go back down on Monday to bring the boat back up. I don't want him to do that unless he has someone with him because I don't like the thought of him being out on the ocean by himself. Aaralyn will be going with us too, she's gonna LOVE it!! The boat ride and the music festival Thumbs Up Trying to talk Amber into it too but she's thinking she won't like the long boat ride so not gonna push her if she doesn't want to Rolling Eyes I don't want to be stuck on a boat for days with an unhappy 17 year old AND a possibly whiny at times 5 year old... although I think Aaralyn is gonna be so happy that she won't feel the need for any whining! Yes

Join JustParents to remove this advert

orc30orc30
Sounds like a fun, action packed time. I used to love sailing but just don't have the time or money at the moment to do it. Hope you have fun.

AlexAlex Moderator
Sounds great Tammy.

Im sure you will have fun

Thanks you guys, I'm sooooo looking forward to this trip!!

Owen, we have a motor boat (or 2), but we're not like a lot of other motor boaters, we like sail boaters too. Mike's not got into sailing yet but we've looked a few really nice sail boats (live aboards) on line and he wouldn't be opposed to having one some day. Seems like a lot of work to me Blink

candgsmumcandgsmum
Sounds cool hun Shades

Honestly a ferry is enough for me LOL (I'm a terrible swimmer and I have a fear of drowning, which i think makes me worry about sinking ships and boats, I know silly LOL)

Well, I've made the mistake of letting on to Aaralyn that we're doing this now.... She's driving me nuts asking about it Crazy

"is it the day after tomorrow yet?"

"Do you think it's going to rain or storm the day after tomorrow?"

"what are we going to eat while we're on the boat?"

"will I get to go swimming still?"

"Is it the day after tomorrow now?"

Why oh why do I tell things ahead of time??? LOL this will go on for the next 2 days now Rolling Eyes

candgsmumcandgsmum
Uh oh hun

I know just what ya mean... Crazy

AlexAlex Moderator

hapydazy said:
Well, I've made the mistake of letting on to Aaralyn that we're doing this now.... She's driving me nuts asking about it Crazy

"is it the day after tomorrow yet?"

"Do you think it's going to rain or storm the day after tomorrow?"

"what are we going to eat while we're on the boat?"

"will I get to go swimming still?"

"Is it the day after tomorrow now?"

Why oh why do I tell things ahead of time??? LOL this will go on for the next 2 days now Rolling Eyes

you told her because you are excited Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews