Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Online Groceries

Nicki_SueNicki_Sue
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi - I save a fortune by doing a weekly shop online. I use asda online and can plan out the weeks meals, lunches, pack-ups, etc and add snacks and drinks and get enough for the week without having to top up anything except milk and a few bits a fresh stuff. This has stopped me impulse buying too. You can often find a free delivery code online too - but even if not, youre going to save so much more than that by using online shopping.

Ive also downgraded a lot of my items to smartprice/value one and to be honest, they are usually nicer and the price difference is phenomenal!
I hope this helps Smile

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
I used to shop online for the same reasons but the Asda near us are terrible if you have a problem so after 3 consecutive deliveries that were wrong I gave up because they never sorted it without me shouting and screaming down the phone.

The 1st time the delivered 2 bags of food, it took me 3 days to get them to redeliver correctly, I might aswell have gone to the supermarket for it! Second time they forgot Nappies and all my meat was out of date the next day so I had to be refunded, third time they delivered me some elses Yorkshire Puds and I never got my frozen. The first time they delivered wrong I got a £10 discount and the second and third time I wasn't even called by the store to apologise or given anything to tempt me to use them again so i told the lady on the careline I wouldn't ever use Asda again LOL.

About a month ago I got a letter saying that I hadn't used them in a while and some money off vouchers - I just chucked them in the bin.

I go to Morrisons now as my SIL works there and she gave me her staff discount card so I get 10% off my shopping which really helps Thumbs Up

I plan out all my meals for the week now and just get what I need and make a list and stick to it. If there is something on offer, I will get it if it's something I use all the time.

I probably would still use the online if I hadn't had so many problems - I like Sainsbury's but it's just far too expensive and they don't charge you for substitutes like Asda do, you have to pay how much they cost, not what you originally wanted cost - so you can end up paying something stupid for a loaf of bread because they didn't have what you wanted.

Nicki_SueNicki_Sue
Wow! That sounds a nightmare! Mine comes from York Asda and Ive only once had a problem which was the delivery was half an hour late (local traffic works) so they refunded me £5 there and then by knocking off £5 off my shopping and the delivery charge wa £3.95 so I was £1.05 up!
I do like the substitution - the pricematch so that you never pay more than you originally wanted.

Do Morrissions ever deliver? They are reopening one in the local town.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I don't think Morrisons do deliver to be honest. We live literally 2 minute drive or 15 minute walk from morrisons so its not too bad for us anyway - not worth paying the delivery. It never used to be bad - I got deliveries for a good year without having any problems at all, then all of a sudden it seemed to go downhill very rapidly. I've used Tesco's once too but the driver looked like he'd rather be somewhere else and I had to ask him to go and check the van to see if my pizza was on there - when he brought it to me it was practically defrosted so didn't use them again (I didn't think they were any cheaper either).

Tail-SwishTail-Swish
We use Tesco online and so far we have had only minor issues, which usually occur during the christmas period.

The other good thing about Tesco is that there is always money off vouchers available or extra clubcard points.

ElementaryElementary
I use Tesco too because I belong to Pigsback so get points there and clubcard points and they can deliver without the bags which is ssooooo much easier

AlexAlex Moderator
I really must do this. I always spent way to much when shopping in tescos (and not on food- usually clothes that neither Joseph or I need)

NightflitesNightflites
posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hi.

I use Tesco and always try use a money off coupon or extra clubcard coupon. I save the clubcard points to swap to Tesco Deals (you get 4 x the value).

I get the codes from the Tesco Voucher Codes blogspot site

staceybstaceyb
posted 8 years 7 months ago
- My blog
i use the mysupermarket.com and write out my shopping list frm there. saves us so much money. we also use alot of the smart prices things. no difference really

is that thirsk theyre going to reopen a morrisons?

Olivia_LondOlivia_Lond
posted 2 years 11 months ago
Just wonder if it still works. I'd love to shop groceries online, because usually I do not have enough time to do my shopping.

rosiemumofonrosiemumofon
posted 2 years 6 months ago
following xx

swaliaswalia
posted 1 year 7 months ago
I also do most of my shopping online. From books to clothes to groceries- i buy most of my things online. It is easy and convenient. Due to the fabulous discount offers online, I also save money on my purchases.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews