Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I need advice from moms.

collegestdntcollegestdnt
posted 9 years 2 months ago
I'm going to get blood drawn for another pregnancy test(although I know I am-I just still can't quite grasp it yet I guess). Embarassed

Anyway, my test is next Monday. I set it up on my family's insurance plan. I need to tell my mom that I'm going for the pregnancy test instead of my Depo shot because I can't have that now of course.

What I can't decide is if I should tell her before my apt. or after. What would you (as a mom) want? Embarassed

Join JustParents to remove this advert

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Well, I have a 17 year old (kind of step-daughter), my boyfriend's daughter but we all live together. If it were her and I think her mom would agree with me, I/she would want to be there for her. You've said that she already knows you think you are so I would tell her and maybe she'll go with you too, might make it a little easier for you for her to be there no matter what the result you get. So, that's my opinion as a mom Smile ....

I'll add this now, because Amber and I just talked about this situation and she said the opposite that you shouldn't worry your mom about it until you know for sure.... I still say you should tell her! but that's only 1 mom's opinion. So, not that you asked for it but you have another 17 year old's perspective and a mom's perspective.

collegestdntcollegestdnt
I told my mom, I couldn't lie to her. She told me if my test next week comes out positive she's gonna make me get an abortion.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hun, you're mom cannot make you get an abortion.... there's no state in the US that allows that... Legally, she can't make that happen.

I hope for your sake, because it really seems the timing is not right for you to be pregnant, that you have a negative result. If you are pregnant, there are resources and support out there for you. Do you mind my asking what state you're in now? I could google some info for you maybe....

Mommy2-2Mommy2-2
Hugs to you sweetie. It's a tough place to be in.
Whatever decision you make, try to stay strong and take care of yourself.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews