Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Any ideas what to do?

daisy33daisy33
posted 9 years 3 months ago
I asked a week ago what to do about cot bumpers as Harrison was bumping his head badly and getting his arms and legs caught in the bars. Well now he has learnt how to get on his side and front(like most babies do at about 5-6 months), but he can not get back he is screaming and crying untill we move him, but the minute we move him he then moves straight back onto his side or front 1 minute later. This has already been going on since 7pm to night any ideas what i should do?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

LucyLucy
you could roll towels up each side so that he cant roll over, either that or tuck him in so tight that he cant roll over.

other than that i dont know sorry Shrug

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I was gonna suggest the rolled towels or pillows too!! Good thinking Lucy!!

I don't remember Aaralyn having a hard time with rolling back over Shrug

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
I was gonna suggest the rolled towels or pillows too!! Good thinking Lucy!!

I don't remember Aaralyn having a hard time with rolling back over Shrug

i think i did that with Tom, we has a squiggler, but he hated being swaddled like they do in the hospital, he like his arms free!

rolled up towels in the basinett or cot so that he has limited space to move should stop him rolling over

ElementaryElementary
You can also buy a version of rolled up towels, but the towels are cheaper!!

daisy33daisy33
I tried all of that last night, i think he must have woke up atleast 20 times screaming.

Have no idea what to do to night. Sad

gypseygypsey
have ya tried a sleeping bag?

daisy33daisy33
Yes he has been in them since he was born.

Not looking forwards to night Sad

Its just so strange that he rolls stright back into the position he does not want to be in the minute you also move him. He looks totally shattered today just like mum

AlexAlex Moderator
I remember that- rolling over and not being able to get back.

I just lay Joseph on his side and placed rolled beach towels down wither side of him. He did learn very quickly how to roll back (you may have to help/teach Harrison how to roll back)

Hope you get some sleep tonight

Hun how is he managing to roll over with towels rolled on either side of him?? How old is Harrison again?

daisy33daisy33
he 1s 24 weeks

I have no idea? He is a strong boy, he still manages easily to move on his side with the towels rolled there Unsure

Dreading to night

I don't know if it would be feasable for you to do at this point but maybe purchase a bassinette then put the rolled towels between Harrison and the sides, then there might not be any room for him to roll over.

Good luck with tonight!

LucyLucy
how did you go with the suggestions? anything work?

daisy33daisy33
Ahh thanks for asking

I have really rolled the towels up really firm either side and he has only woke once during the night.

He naturally wants to get on his front but still very unhappy once he gets there.

He is waking earlier in the morning because he is restricted with towels but atleast sleeping for a long stretch. I have him on the floor alot trying to get him use to being on his front Thumbs Up

Have a great weekend

Smile xxx

LucyLucy
aw glad to see that its working for a period at least not all the time.

keep it up and hell geet bored with trying to roll over it wont be worth the hassle!

Glad your getting more sleep as a result

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i dont really know what to suggest apart from what everyone else has said i never had this with charly she liked to be wrapped up tight in one blanket put on her side and then another blanket tucked on top LOL
like that but she had pulled her arms up that time LOL

daisy33daisy33
Clapping

Harrison is sleeping so so much better. The first night he did not sleep well because i used normal towels, but then got big beach ones and he has slept like a light ever since

Thanks for your help as i would not have done it, plus i am getting some sleep

Very Happy

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
awww well done hun thats great news Thumbs Up Clapping

LucyLucy
aw glad it worked, now you can be realxed and ready to get on with stuff, more sleep is always a bonus!!! Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Glad it's working for you now!! Thumbs Up

And Fiona, what an adorable pic of Charly Love

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews