Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

what is ethans tempsupposed to be?

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 9 years 4 months ago
last night he was sweating all night,and this morning icant keep him awake much - hes not eating although he is drinking plenty of fluids.his eyes are as if hes just not with it at all! iv just got all upset and burst into tears! kev keeps telling me hes fine but kev aint the one whos witnessed him fitting - that has got to be the most scariest time of my life! watching your son go thru that and theres absolutely nothing you can do! im just scared that it will all happen again and he will be in hospital.he was in and out of hospital all thru february!! iv took his temp and its 38.1,so iv stripped him off as this is what the hospital have told me to do and im just letting him sleep as much ashe wants.i dont mind him not eating if hes not up to it,i just want to make sure hes constantly drinking!

kevs now gone work and iv just started crying again!! dam kids! they worry us sooo much!!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

ash-mumof3ash-mumof3
your doing a gd job by letting sleep and make sure he drinking and that. if you really concerned call the nhs helpline they can tell you if there something else to do or reassure you your doing the right thing

JOJOJOJO
Use a reliable thermometer to tell if your child has a fever when his or her temperature is at or above one of these levels:

100.4° Fahrenheit (38° Celsius) measured rectally (in the bottom)
99.5° Fahrenheit (37.5° Celsius) measured orally (in the mouth)
99° Fahrenheit (37.2° Celsius) measured in an axillary position (under the arm)
But how high a fever is doesn't tell you much about how sick your child is. A simple cold or other viral infection can sometimes cause a rather high fever (in the 102°–104° Fahrenheit / 38.9°–40° Celsius range),

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

JOJO said:
Use a reliable thermometer to tell if your child has a fever when his or her temperature is at or above one of these levels:

100.4° Fahrenheit (38° Celsius) measured rectally (in the bottom)
99.5° Fahrenheit (37.5° Celsius) measured orally (in the mouth)
99° Fahrenheit (37.2° Celsius) measured in an axillary position (under the arm)
But how high a fever is doesn't tell you much about how sick your child is. A simple cold or other viral infection can sometimes cause a rather high fever (in the 102°–104° Fahrenheit / 38.9°–40° Celsius range),

its a digital thermometre which kev got when he was last poorly.its one that can go either in mouth up bum or under the arm.i did him under the arm and it read 38.1. hes had some nurofen for children stuff (as i think calpol is useless) and that made him back to his normal self after a bit, we have been in and out the yard,the little monkey is defo back to his usual self as hes dug in my plants and pulled the drain pipe off! but i think his medicine is wearing off as hes going quite droopy again. i noticed when he was having a cry that hes got some more teeth,hes got all 8 front and all the back teeth,but hes cutting the ones inbetween,the fangy type ones, so im thinkin this is the problem.iv got him to eat some dinner and now hes just in his highchair finishing that off,although he seems to be driftin off again!

AlexAlex Moderator
poor Ethan Hug hope he feels better soon.

Sounds like it could be his incisiors that are causing him some upset, they are hell to cut!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

alex said:
poor Ethan Hug hope he feels better soon.

Sounds like it could be his incisiors that are causing him some upset, they are hell to cut!

i thought that was the name of the fangy ones but i wasnt too sure LOL!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews