Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Eggy bread

DanielleDanielle
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
How many of you do Eggy Bread for your kids? My son doesn't have it often, now and again, and loves it as a light lunch.

I'm quite partial to it to, with a bit of ketchup!

It's funny because in my first trimester I craved for eggs and ketchup together, my son loves this now! Suspect

Danielle x

Join JustParents to remove this advert

kerryann71kerryann71
i love eggy bread i fancied that yesterday its yummy , comfort food made easy , egg/milk and pepper,,, yummmmy !!!!!!!! and heinz ketchup only the best sauce..

see you from kerry...........

DanielleDanielle
I'm pleased I'm not the only one Kerry!

It's so quick to do and scrumptuous! Filling for kids too! Not so healthy, but now and again..

Danielle x

kerryann71kerryann71
my little ones are not sure about it but i just love it..

see you from kerry...

GlitzyGalGlitzyGal
I havent had this in years, d u think u could make this on the george foreman machine, im staying in my mums this week n she doesnt have a frying pan LOL

DanielleDanielle
I would have a go LOL! Clapping Let us know if it works! Naughty

Danielle x

kerryann71kerryann71
not sure about the george formane i dont own one
( sorry about that )

see you from kerry...

DanielleDanielle
I have one, and I must say they make the best burgers ever! The amount of fat drained from burgers is unbelievable! They taste delicious though!

Danielle x

mumof2mumof2
m mum makes this for the girls sometimes cant stand anything to do with eggs myself but the girls think its scrummy

AlexAlex Moderator
I love eggy bread. It is really good if you make it with a cheese sandwich Clapping

Joseph doesnt like it- he hates eggs

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
posted 1 decade 1 week ago
properly going to sound thick but hw do u make it LOL???

xxx

angelmumangelmum
Never tried my kids with eggy bread i hate it but DF likes it Rolling Eyes

AlexAlex Moderator

crazy_girl said:
properly going to sound thick but hw do u make it LOL???

xxx

you might call it french toast or fried bread but here is how to make it anyway

beat some eggs and milk with salt and pepper together in a bowl. heat up some oil(or butter) in a frying pan. dip bread (I usually do half slices instead of whole but either or) into the egg mixture and then put in the frying pan, cook for a few minutes on each side until golden and then eat!!! good with beans or I do mine with cheese sandwiches (just dip the cheese sandwich into egg mixture)

bunnigirlbunnigirl
my sister does fried eggs ont he george foreman machine she just tips it back so it not sloapy and looks flat so the egg doesnt run off its like crinkle cut eggs they looks so funny but taste good LOL
xxx

jade-leighjade-leigh
the foreman is the healthy eggy bread no fat needed

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i never tried eggy bread!! but think i will be as it sounds yummy!! i love the george forman - even if it does take twice as long to cook things!! im sure u could do eggs on the GF as long as u tilt it back and dont mind crinkly egg - LOL!!

kelkel
posted 1 decade 6 days ago
i love eggy bread. its good with cheesey beans to....YUM!!!!! Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Last time I ate eggy bread was on Guide camp and it was soggy Gag I daren't even think how many years ago that was haha!

I think I might have a go at some point - see if it is a hit with the kids Shrug

I don't own a George Foreman though! All I think of whenever I see one is my BIL when they first came out he called them the 'mean fat reducing killing machine' - instead of grilling machine haha!

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
mmmm yea i havent had that for years now but now you've mentioned it i might have to LOL
my mum used to do it for us when i was little we all used to love it Clapping

gemmagemma
posted 1 decade 5 days ago

alex said:

good with beans or I do mine with cheese sandwiches (just dip the cheese sandwich into egg mixture)

I do the cheese sandwhiches too...they are scrummy Clapping Clapping Although DD can't have cheese now Frustrated

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews