Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Second child nightmare....

mum2onemum2one
posted 9 years 5 months ago
I really could do with a littel advise/help/tips....what ever yu want to call it really.
I have a 3 year old son whom I love dearly, enjoy and wouldn';t be without.BUT....we've been trying for a little over two years now for a little brother or sister for him without any success at all and it's getting me down.
So far I've tried Hypnosis, Reflexology, Acupuncture, Massage, I've been refered to the fertility clinic and had my two cycles of clomid, although I have drawn the line at the tamoxifin and give up now...leaving it to nature.
I've been proded, tested and my husband also and now are really tired of it all.
Considering it took us 4 months to fall for our first, I want so advise for chilling out about it all. I feel that every month is like playing russian roulette, It's making us all unhappy and I still can't seem to get over the mental obstacle that is wanting to have another child so badly..

Please help
Sad

Join JustParents to remove this advert

jo-jojo-jo
Hi ya,i know exactly what you are going through,we have a four year old son and had been trying TTC for nearly two years when it just happen(im now 6mnths preg).My husband and i also got tested and told that there were no problems and that we just had to let nature take its course.I recall many months going by with tears (from both of us)and frustration.It wasnt untill we decided that we had one beautiful,happy,healthy little boy and should be greatful to at least have one child so we decided to stop trying and get on with life.I enroled for another full year of study and we were planing another overseas vacation and i was actually quite happy with life at that point in time so we were quite shocked when it just happened Scared
The only advise i can give you is probably what you have already been told, try not to let it get you down every month, keep buisy and positive,relax and enjoy your life at this present moment.Good luck with it all and if you ever need to chat the girls here are great.xxxx Hug

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hug Hi I just wanted to give you a hug... I only have 1 little girl (and 1 kinda/sorta stepdaughter) I have accepted that fact that at my age (38) and where I am in life now I will probably not have more children... every once in a while I feel a little broody but can only imagine how hard it must be for you. It will happen when it is meant to hun... try to just relax and have as much fun as you can trying and you might just get a little surprise positive when you least expect it, right jo-jo!!

Good luck hun, don't give up hope Hug

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
my friend has been tryin for a baby for 4yrs - no such luck. shes also on clomid.why have you only had 2 cycles of it? shes been given 6 and then if she still aint caught after hers is up shes got go back for more tests or consider other options.but from all the research she has done clomid is one of the best fertility helpers out there and most get caught within 3months.

fingers crossed for you, and it will happen soon Hug

soupsoup
posted 9 years 2 months ago
i went through alomost the same thing as you mumtoone except the month before i was due to start clomid i feel pregnant

my fertility consultant will tell you its because i lost some weight Rolling Eyes

clomid makes you gain weight so as im a size 18 he asked me to lose some weight before we start, i lost half a stone and then fell

could this approach help you at all ?

if not then do you track ? throw that 14 days after your period you ovulate fact out the window because i know so many people who that does not apply to, and start tracking your temp on waking (it will jump up when you ovulate) start feeling where your cervix is (wash your hands and find it, keep feeling for it, when you can bearly reach it it means your ovulating) and look out for the good old EWD (egg white discharge) TMI i know but once a month you will get some clear stringy extreamly slippery discharge and thats what you make when you ovulate to help the sperm get up there and live longer

good luck

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews