Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Boy did it shake....(news link added)

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Did anyone feel the earthquake at around 1am this morning??

It sure woke me and Georgie up!

She came running into our bed - but DP just sort of groaned through it!

Just read on the news that the epicentre was just outside Market Rasen in Lincolnshire which is about 10 mins from us... Shocked

I've never experienced anything like that before....

Join JustParents to remove this advert

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
O nope didn't know!All I know is Cait jumping into my bed at 2 grrrrr LOL. Really surprised just looked at yahoo news. Hope everyone is okay

AlexAlex Moderator
Earthquake

KayleighKayleigh
I was standing on the landing in the dark, I have never been so scared in my life LOL

mumof2boysmumof2boys
I was in bed and didn't feel a thing DP thought something was in the sofa trying to get out! he came up and told me but it hought he had been dreaming. We live in merseyside so it wasn't that strong.

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
it really scared me...jessica slept through it and chris was at work..hope we dont get another one

candgsmumcandgsmum
OMG yes I felt it, and my DH, it woke us up!!! We have had gales here so at first I thought it was the wind (it has been so bad the neighbour lost some of her roof yesterday) and I thought we'd either had a huge gust or she had lost more of her roof, but everything was shaking, we have a TV on a stand on the wall and that was wobbling away and the bed was shaking!!!

I was half asleep so it didn't really register what was going on until my SIL rang us up to make sure we were ok, they only live about 5 mins away and stuff fell off shelves at their house Shocked

Lynn_OLynn_O
I live in Leeds and got woken up by the bed moving, I woke my husband up who said he could feel the bed a bit but stopb being stupid and go to sleep!!!! He ate his words this morning!!

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i must be the only person in england that did not feel the earthquake

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
apperently where gonna get more..my mam woke up screaming but didnt know what it was..she thought she had some sort of ghost out of exorcist LMAO

MummyBMummyB
I felt it here in Chesterfield, it woke all 3 of us up. i thought i had been dreaming!! the wardrobes were rattling, not sure what happened outside but i heard a right loud bang too!! Shocked Shocked

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I hope everyone is ok, I heard is was bad in Leeds... all our Leeds parents come out and let us know you're ok!! Shocked

gypseygypsey
Embarassed i slept thruough it

staceybstaceyb
- My blog

mrsbonjovi said:
i must be the only person in england that did not feel the earthquake

nope. i didnt feel it LOL. it was felt in selby whicjh isnt too far from me and we slept through it LOL. typical. im a light sleeper normally but i managed to sleep through a bleeding earthquake Rolling Eyes

candgsmumcandgsmum

hapydazy said:
I hope everyone is ok, I heard is was bad in Leeds... all our Leeds parents come out and let us know you're ok!! Shocked

Been chatting to Mitch? LOL

We are all good hun, it woke Mart and me up but the kids slept through it...well I heard it and saw the tv wobbling but half asleep I thought it was the wind LMAO!!

No, actually, I haven't checked on her yet, I need to do that!! I just heard on our news this morning that it was one of the areas that was impacted the most!

Glad you guys are ok Sarah... My mom was in a really big one in Alaska when my sister was a baby but I've never experienced one personally... I think I'd rather not! Scared

candgsmumcandgsmum
Blimey your poor mum Sad

This is the 1st earthquake I've ever experienced, but as far as I know it was most severe near Wolfblass.

I was talking to my neighbour earlier and they said they slept through it, but her son rang her to say that they felt it. He lives in a student house and one of the guys who lives there had just been to the loo and flushed it, just as the earthquake started! They thought he had blown up the drains haha!!!

LOL, that would be one hell of a flush to cause all that Shocked

I still can't imagine how scary that must have been for all of you who were awake and felt it!!

LucyLucy
posted 9 years 4 months ago
i got shook outta me bed!!! i thought it was a big lorryu coming by and then the bed shook and chris jumped out! it was quite freeky! but funny too

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 4 months ago
We've had a fmaily staying at the hotel where i work adn they only left last week! Their house was badly damaged - 2 chimneys collapsed through the roof and it's only just been marked as safe to move back in!

However it was small in the grand scheme of things....

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews