Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Faint Blue Line?!!

rachelle1975rachelle1975
posted 9 years 6 months ago
I posted a couple of days ago asking about implantation bleeding - well i had some light spotting but nothing more and nothing today - did a test and it had a thin blue line on it - followed the instructions to a T!

My mouth tastes like i've been sucking on copper coins and i'm 'due on' in 2 days.... dare to dream?

Can you have a false positive on a test?

I have more tests but i'm a little nervous to do them in case they're negative!!

So does it sound promising and how long should i wait to do a re-test?

Apologies for sounding a bit nutty!!!! Crazy

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
I think you are pregnant hun. A blue line is a blue line (even if faint) Never heard of a false positive but you can get a false negative. I would book to see your GP.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hey hun, I would do another test and see whatcha get, if you have an extra there already... I personally have a feeling some congratulations are going to be in order Smile

rachelle1975rachelle1975
I have 5 spare tests.... hey... Superdrug had a special offer! he he he

OMG i cannot believe it if i am - conceived on our belated honeymoon, might call it Phuket or Phi Phi... joking. Very Happy

JOJOJOJO
well it sounds good mine was a faint line and that was a postive so sounds like congratulations Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had a faint dot on my first test with Charlotte...granted I didn't actually pee on it properly but it still worked.

Wait a couple of days until you're due and test again...but if you have 5 then do another first thing in the morning as it will show up better then.

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i had a faint blue line on my first one but i didnt believe it as it was a £1 test from pound world LOL
but i got one of them pregnant/not pregnant ones the next day and it said pregnany hehe xxx

kristagkristag
If it's something like ClearBlue they are pretty accurate from 4 days before your period is due. Personally I'd do another test. Fingers crossed for you hun Smile

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i just found out im preg again hun - i didnt even have to wait a second the + just appeared that fast! whereas with ethan - it did take a while to appear... the - came first followed by the other line to make a + but like what has already been said - any test,faint or clear, tends to tell the truth (i dont think brands matter either! poundshop or well-known brands work the same!)

candgsmumcandgsmum

Hayley_Kev said:
i just found out im preg again hun - i didnt even have to wait a second the + just appeared that fast! whereas with ethan - it did take a while to appear... the - came first followed by the other line to make a + but like what has already been said - any test,faint or clear, tends to tell the truth (i dont think brands matter either! poundshop or well-known brands work the same!)

Haha mine did that with George I got just one clearblue test with him, and it literally was telling me positive as I stop weeing on it Shocked!

I was a bit gutted because the positive line disapeared within about 24 hrs so it looked like a negative test.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i think congrats is in order, you cant have a false positive only a false negative xx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

candgsmum said:
Haha mine did that with George I got just one clearblue test with him, and it literally was telling me positive as I stop weeing on it Shocked!

I was a bit gutted because the positive line disapeared within about 24 hrs so it looked like a negative test.

i still have my tests from ethan!!! Embarassed

18months on and the + is still clear on them!! haha!!

candgsmumcandgsmum

Hayley_Kev said:

candgsmum said:

I had the tests (all four :oops) after Charlotte for a long while, but binned them when we moved. I kept George's for a while but binned it because it looked negative. I'm not sure why the test did that tbh, it was one of the - line for negative and + line for positive. Shrug

kristagkristag
You could try one of those tests that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" at least you'd know for sure then without a doubt Smile

Good luck Thumbs Up

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

candgsmum said:

Hayley_Kev said:

candgsmum said:

I had the tests (all four :oops) after Charlotte for a long while, but binned them when we moved. I kept George's for a while but binned it because it looked negative. I'm not sure why the test did that tbh, it was one of the - line for negative and + line for positive. Shrug

sounds like the CB one i use?

candgsmumcandgsmum
Weird...maybe it was dodgy LOL.

foxy0810foxy0810
I'd try a clearblue digital test i took a boots own brand test on sunday and it showed negative then i did a clearblue digital test yesterday and there it was in words 'Pregnant' I am so happy this is my 3rd pregnancy i have had 2 m/c in last 5 months so am very worried about this one
Michelle

HelenybooHelenyboo
good luck michelle my fingers crossed for you xxx

foxy0810foxy0810
Thank you, i just want to be able to make it to 6 weeks for my scan I lost the last 2 the day before early scans were due so paranoia is rife at the minute
Once i see my baby on the scan i will be able to calm down a bit
michelle

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i had a false positive a couple of months before i fell pregnant with charly. i had all symptons of being pregnant went to drs and i had actually suffered a phantom pregnancy. but they are very rare so i do think we might have another lil one on its way on here, hehe Clapping Clapping Clapping Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews