Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

elective c section

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
posted 9 years 7 months ago
has anyone had an elective c section and for what reasons?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
no i dont know anyone who has elected to have a c section. are you thinking about having one?

imakeboysimakeboys
yea and nevr again.

Breech presentated and low amniotic fluids.

xx

DorothyDorothy
I had an elective c-section for my 2nd child. My first child was an emergency c-section after a long labour and failure to progress. I knew I was having another large baby and was offered the option of an elective. I took it.

It was a really good experience, at least compared to my first experience of childbirth. Well, I was awake and pain free, it was brilliant!

jo-jojo-jo
I had to have a c-section as my DS was an extreme breach.I was ok with it as i had to be,my sister just had her 2nd child last week she had a c-section as it had only been 11 months since my niece was born (also c-section).we are both ok and our babies were fine we also both didnt have a choice to have natural births so i cant compare it to anything,if it helps we were both home and back to normal in a few days.(a bit uncomfortable) Smile

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
right well please dont all think im mad but im going to see my consultant next week to ask for an elective section, for 2 reasons, my first labour was 3 hours start to finish (from being half cm dialated to everything being over), my hospital of choice is a 20 minute drive from my house and my midwife said theres a slight chance if i went into labour, i wouldnt make it to the hospital. secondly, i want to be sterilised, i know they dont like doing this at the same time as a section but i know if im not then i'll be preg again by my 6 week check, katie was a missed pill and this baby was a missed period a week after having my coil removed and to be quite honest, im starting to have horrible birth dreams and the thought of the whole thing is making me feel physically sick. do you all think im mad??????

Irish_RoseIrish_Rose
I dont think you are mad because i was very nervous with my first birth but your births seemed pretty quick.I had to have a c section because i had a long labour and wasnt making any progress and the baby was getting distressed. You have to think about it. Because if you get a c section you might have to stay in the hospital for 5 days and you cant lift anything heavy for up to 3 months i think.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i mean i dont really wanna be chopped up LOL but i really am sh******** myself. i live on the wirral and my hospital of choice is in liverpool so i have to go thru the mersey tunnel to get there.. god i can c the headlines now "woman gives birth in mersey tunnel"

JOJOJOJO
no had a emergency c-section which was ok actully very calm and I recovered quickly back to normal within 4 weeks,I know that next time I would be give a choice and think I would ask for another c-section to be honest,as didnt have a easy time with both my sons labours,contractions stopped with both babies and became distressed,think it was luck I mananged to push ethan out,but conrad was very distressed and I also stopped dilating after 4 cms,so yes would ask for another c-section as I also have been on painkillers for spd as I went very overdue with both boys nearly 2 weeks so think it would be best baby came out sooner,may sound harsh but dont want to expereince another bad labour of 19 hours then for them to realise baby wasnt coming out,

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
this sounds terrible too but the whole thought of giving birth again is making me feel sick, i really dont want to experience it again. some people say its lovely giving birth, im sorry but what planet are they on????
i mean i was lucky, no stretch marks and no stitches with katie and ive said since then that i wasnt going to have another then i had my coil out and didnt come on.. ive already had a bad omen, i got a stretch mark which is making me so scared that something else bad is going to happen if i have to give birth.. god, do i sound like posh spice?

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i dont think your mad hun my labour was 7hours and my nearest hospital is 45mins - an hour long drive and they will only do a c-section if its an emergency here. they've said my labour this time could be over within 4-5hours but the prob i have is i dont get any contractions until my waters break and by then im in too strong labour to do anything so iv gotta hope and pray i get some kind of sign LOL im hoping my blood pressure will go up again (prob sounds silly) but at least then im already in hospital.

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
thats what happened with me with kaite.. i was 38 weeks and luckily enough i was at the hospital at the time for some reason. anyway suddenly my waters broke and i couldnt move for the bloody pain. when they put the belt thing on me to monitor my contractions there was no break in between them, they were just constant. i went from half a cm to 9cm in 40 mins. the midwife took the sucky thing off the gas and air and put a big black mask on it instead haha.. they couldnt wait for a doc to sign the script for the pethadine, they rang the doc and asked if she could autherise it ovcr phone. then i just remember being out of it, i was telling the midwife i had holey socks. i had no socks on haha..
then katie was born. the whole thing took 3 hours

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
i have to say though, the liverpool womens hospital is amazing and a few people i know have had elective sections there for similar reasons. i just hope the doctor is in a good mood next tue haha

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
funny thats what mine was like except i was talking about football scores and tabacco LOL mum and hubby thought it was hilarious. Clapping

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
haha, i have to say though, when your in labour, you would quite happily give birth in the freezer section of asda wouldnt you LOL

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hun, I think if it bothers you so much and is causing bad dreams then definitely speak to a doctor. If you feel a section is the way to go for you then go for it.

I had fast labours and dilated extremely quickly so I can totally sympathise with the whole pain thing. I was induced with Charlotte and within 6hrs of the gel being administered I had my baby in my arms Shocked With George I went into full blown labour immediately and had him in less than 3hrs!! I went into shock after having George!

GTTkelGTTkel
Well if you want your tubes tide aswell that is obviously something that needs to be planned for so having it following an elective c sec is prob best. It's each to their own isn't it. For me the thought of a c-section terrified me and I was so glad I was able to have 2 natural births and I'm afraid I was one of those crazy peple who got a buzz from birth LOL

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i myself wouldnt have an elective c section. especially with other kids. id want to recover pretty quick and im very lucky in that ive had 3 natural and quite uneventful births LOL

but from what ive read hun you really need to talk to someone. yr in a state now. what are you going to be like nearer the time? thats not going to be good for either you or babby. hope you get what you want xx

candgsmumcandgsmum

GTTkel said:
Well if you want your tubes tide aswell that is obviously something that needs to be planned for so having it following an elective c sec is prob best. It's each to their own isn't it. For me the thought of a c-section terrified me and I was so glad I was able to have 2 natural births and I'm afraid I was one of those crazy peple who got a buzz from birth LOL

Haha, yeah I must admit, even though they were quick and blooming hurt, I enjoyed my births, besides my body going into shock after having George LOL. I'm scared of operations and if I'd have had to have a section, they would have had to put me fully out. The thought of being awake while being cut open....it makes me feel physically sick!!! Scared

mrsbonjovimrsbonjovi
the things us women have to go thru eh

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews