Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

children wetting

mumof2boysmumof2boys
posted 9 years 7 months ago
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice please, Matthew will be 8 in April but he still wets himself, he cimes home from school wet nearly every day, despite the teacher saying he can go anytme, and at home he won't go to the loo. The only way he'll go is if i don't put any boxies on him. I.ve tried taking his things away but it dosen't make any difference. Maybe i should go to docs any help would be grateful.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

Irish_RoseIrish_Rose
A cousin of mine her son wets himself and he is around 8 or 9. My cousin had to take her son to the doctors. So maybe it would be better for you to do the same. Just for your own peace of mind.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I would take him to the Dr's it could be a medical reading this, or even if it's behavioural the may have suggestions.

My daughter is almost 5 and some nights she still wets the bed (she's in pull ups, just in case at night). She was premie and I've had 2 Dr's tell me that alot of babies that are born early take longer to develop what ever is in your nervous system to wake you up when you have the urge to go pee... she sleeps right through it. So maybe it could be something like that where he just can't hold it and goes?

Again, I would definatley give your Dr a call and see if you can get him seen about it. good luck hun, let us know how you get on with this.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i have to agree with the other girls. it seems strange that he wets in the day. and as irish rose said for yr own peace of mind. good luck hun xx

mumof2boysmumof2boys
thanks everyone,I know i should have taken him to the dr's sooner but i was hoping he'd grow out of it. I will take him and let you know how it goes.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews