Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

advice please...

luv2bamumluv2bamum
posted 9 years 7 months ago
im not sure if this is the right place to post, but i/we arent TTC, but we DO have unprotected sex.

i finished my period on 12/1/08 and on 13/1/08 we had unprotected sex, but my BF wanted me to take the morning after pill, which i did about 48hrs later.
i then got my period again 20/1/08 - 23/1/08, i guess due to the pill i took.

we have have had unprotected sex since then.

my question is...

when can i test if i am pregnant or not? my periods are always irregular and it is hard to tell if i am late or not. i know that i finished my period a few days ago, but do i count it as an actual normal period? i only ask this because the morning after pill may have affected my cycle, but not have a normal period, although it seemed like a normal one.

i guess im just being silly, but i would like to know my chances.

thanks!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well tbh if you only finished your period a day after having unprotected sex, I wouldn't have thought you could have been pregnant. The morning after pill is very effective too.

As Sammie has said, you do seem to be desperate to have a baby and your BF obviously not, maybe it would be wise to discuss your feelings with him first. Also, having unprotected sex will put you at risk of STD's. Soory to sound a bit harsh hun.

GTTkelGTTkel
Yeah I'm confused about the not using contraception but taking morning after pill then having unprotected sex again thing.

luv2bamumluv2bamum
ive only taken the morning after pill that one time...im not sure why he wanted me to either because we have had unprotected sex many times before.

i would just like to clear up that we arent actually TRYING for a baby, but if it happened, we would both be really happy.

mitchmitch
sorry but if u are not tryin then why arnt you using some kinda birth control sweets? x

luv2bamumluv2bamum
i use to take the pill, but i stopped and he knows i did.

i guess we are just as silly as eachother.

Hailzw86Hailzw86
Hya hun, I don't mean to offend but, how old are you? I'm 22 in 3 days and I can't wait! Clapping

Me and my Fiance Bryn have been together almost 4 years and I was on the pill for most of it.

There have been a couple of occasions throughout our relationship where I have forgot to take the pill and panicked, which resulted in taking the morning after pill, although this was early on in our relationship. I have always had irregular periods and taking the morning after pill made them worse.

On numerous occasions I have worried about being pregnant because of this. It was only last year when I was at least 5 weeks late that we really thought I was pregnant and we decided it wasn't such a bad thing (even though I am more than sure my parents would disapprove of me falling pregnant at such a young age). We took numerous pregnancy tests, and went to see the doctor twice, and it turned out I wasn't pregnant at all. It was just because I have irregular periods.

Anyway, after all that we were so upset at the thought of not having a child on the way (even though we had been sure we had), that we decided to start trying for one, that was when I stopped taking the Pill.

That was 9 months ago now, we have sinced moved into a two bedroom flat and are very happy. We're just abit upset that the TTC isn't happening faster, but it'll happen when it's meant to.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if you really want a child and know you are in a stable, loving relationship, AND your boyfriend feels the same, then why not?

At the start of mine and Bryn's relationship, I had always thought that if I ended up having unprotected sex with Bryn (which at the time I thought would definitly end our relationship or at least cause problems) I took the morning after pill. It was only after we had both sat down and discussed the 'what if' that we decided it wasn't such a bad thing.

I always come on here asking questions to everybody about anything to do with raising children or falling pregnant, even how to improve the chances of becoming pregnant. Everybody here is very friendly and they don't judge you.

I wish you lots of luck in your decision, and I hope you get what you want out of life. Talk to your fella, you might be suprised.

Lots of Luck, Hayley.

luv2bamumluv2bamum
ok i sat down with him to talk about it. in the end he pretty much told me not to worry myself (about him blowing inside even though i know he isnt 100% on having a baby...sorry TMI) and we will just go with the flow.

so what does that mean now? i wouldnt say that we a TRYING for a baby, but we still have unprotected sex. i know it sounds silly but thats how it is.

would it be wrong for me to take something like blackmores conceive well gold?

luv2bamumluv2bamum
oh and im 21.

i dont turn 22 until july

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
im sorry but it just seems your trying to trick ur fella into having a baby!!

youve spoke about it and he still isnt sure - yet ur asking for advice on TTC pills!! ur refusing to use contraception - aint it obvious by him making u take the morning after pill what his feelings are! a baby is a whole new life not something to show off and look cute - it lasts 18yrs - are u really prepared for all that - and how about if u were to fall preg and he runs a mile - are you prepared to do it alone??

i think u need to do some long and hard thinking - and take his feelings into consideration too not just ur own - i think ur rather selfish!

i have been with my fella for almost 6yrs.he was always ready for a kid - but i never was,hence the reason i was on the pill.but i still got caught,i was 20yrs old.pregnancy and babies bring major problems to even the strongest of relationships,im sure all the other parents on here will agree.

just think at what your doing,not for you,or your fella but for the sake of an unborn little life - its them who will be affected by it all in the end.

luv2bamumluv2bamum
i would just like to say that im NOT tricking him.

he knows that i dont take the pill and he refuses to use a condom. he knows very well what he is doing everytime we have sex.

we had a really good talk about it last night. he was telling me that we should take a test next week to find out. obviously he doesnt know how 'technical' it is TTC bless his heart LOL.

i was just simply asking if it would be wrong of me to take TTC pills...obviously from your answer...it WOULD be wrong...so i wont take them.

simple!

imakeboysimakeboys

Sammie said:
you arent TTC but do have unprotected sex on purpose, resorting to the MA Pill to prevent pregnancies, but yet you want to be pregnant and your BF doesnt meaning he gets you to take the Pill and your name is luv 2 b a mum and your asking about if you can be pregnant:| maybe the questions you should be asking are to him about your relationship and having a child.

Agreed.

How dare you come on here wanting to be pregnant if you take the MA pill - if an egg was fertilised you just killed it !!
What makes you think in any way shape or form you deserve to have a child?

imakeboysimakeboys

luv2bamum said:
i use to take the pill, but i stopped and he knows i did.

i guess we are just as silly as eachother.

Why oh why do you think any of you are ready for a baby just yet?
Reading your replies im pretty certain you are immature and do not i repeat DO NOT deserve to have a child.

Many women unfortunatly cannot get pregnant - and i feel for them.
Now you - taking the MA pill as contraception - thats wrong.

RhiannRhiann
I agree with everyone. I have just turned 21 and when me and my boyfriend started dating 4 years ago he didn't want children. After about 6 months of being engaged last year he told me that he wanted to strat a family,

Just because i wanted to didn't mean we just started trying, we spoke about it for months, trying to figure out what it would mean for us in every aspect of our lives, babies aren't toys and they are really hard work, you need to not only have a loving family to bring them in to you have to be able to know that you can financially look after them.

I think you need to wait until your boyfriend and yourselves are 100% sure you want to start a family together because once you have a baby there is no going back.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews