Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

has anyone stayed in hospital for more than one night?

catgirl_872catgirl_872
posted 9 years 8 months ago
if so what extra stuff did u take?
ill be staying more than one night because i wanna get the breastfeeding sorted as i left on the same day last time without being shown, plus they said its better to stay more than one night to rest when u got other kids.
will i need to pack a top and tail bowl, bottle steriliser or anythin u can think of?
ill have to remember to ask next time if they have all this?
xxx

Join JustParents to remove this advert

hayley81hayley81
all u need hun is clothes for u and babie blankets for baby nappys wipes etc if ya breast feeding u wont need bottles, but if u cant do it for any reason u could always take steribottles, u can get them form tesco , they are fab i took them in when i had my eldest, i was in from fri to sunday. u will also need ya toiletries towels etc.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
hiya hun i was in from friday to mon all i needed was clothes for me and baby and the norms wipes etc... if you dont manage to breastfeed my hospital had bottles you can use. i will say one thing a book or puzzle books come in handy LOL.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Do check with your hospital if they are still providing formula in the bottles as I know some make you bring your own in now. Take steri bottles and then you won't have to faf about with sterilizing. If you're breastfeeding you won't need to worry about this anyway.

I was in Monday to Wed with Chalotte and took toiletries, my own towels and plenty of underwear, maternity pads change of clothes. I still had to get my DH to bring a few things...I managed to forget the nappies Rolling Eyes

I had to be transfered into hospital with George but only for overnight while they put him in special care and made sure he was ok. I was put in transitional ward and that was very geared up for long stayers, which was lucky because I'd never packed anything because I had a homebirth LOL! what my mum and DH packed as I was getting into the ambulance was hilarious, it was so obvious they had just whacked the first things they found out of my cupboard into a bag LOL.

catgirl_872catgirl_872

candgsmum said:
Do check with your hospital if they are still providing formula in the bottles as I know some make you bring your own in now. Take steri bottles and then you won't have to faf about with sterilizing. If you're breastfeeding you won't need to worry about this anyway.

I was in Monday to Wed with Chalotte and took toiletries, my own towels and plenty of underwear, maternity pads change of clothes. I still had to get my DH to bring a few things...I managed to forget the nappies Rolling Eyes

I had to be transfered into hospital with George but only for overnight while they put him in special care and made sure he was ok. I was put in transitional ward and that was very geared up for long stayers, which was lucky because I'd never packed anything because I had a homebirth LOL! what my mum and DH packed as I was getting into the ambulance was hilarious, it was so obvious they had just whacked the first things they found out of my cupboard into a bag LOL.

awwww poor thing i would have to pack my own things couldnt trust anyone else haha
anyways thank you everyone ever so much, all u have said has really helped.
buyin them ready bottles is a really good idea cus i do really wanna breast feed this time thats why i have bought a pump i will take just incase Very Happy well i have packed most stuff and if i need anythin else i will get rich to run out LOL xxx
ps i think u have to buy ur own milk now if not breast feeding

AlexAlex Moderator
check with your m/w what you need. there are 2 consultant hospitals for my area and a birthing unit and all expect you to take different things. you are lucky that you are getting the option to stay, up here unless there is complications on 2nd+ births you are out after 6 hours!!! and if you have 1st baby at the birthing unit you are out hours later as well.

I was in for a 6 days with Joseph (taken in on the Thursday, induced Friday night, had Joseph Saturday night and transfered to local maternity unit (now birthing unit) on the Sunday and came home on the Wed Embarassed I would have stayed for months if they had let me

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Hi hun if you go to mothercare there book with all their products have a list of what you should take in and a tick list. I stayed in Hospital 5 days with Cait, wanted to get my confidence up with her before I went home, having expects on the scene n all LOL

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
hiya un, i was in from thurs night to sun night - and as they have you in there gowns,i didnt wear my own things until the last night there! i just took loadsa vests n rompas for ethan - and then a change of clothes for coming home for me and loadsa diff underwear as nobody gets dressed in hospital if you stay in! its a lazy PJ wearing lazy time LOL!

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i never had there gown last time i had my nightie prob do the same again but yea no point in gettin dressed every day i dont see myself runnin about LOL xxx

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

catgirl_872 said:
i never had there gown last time i had my nightie prob do the same again but yea no point in gettin dressed every day i dont see myself runnin about LOL xxx

i took in my own nihgtie - but with having an unexpected emergency c-section i was put in their sexy gown and had their sexy stockings on haha!!! and was stuck to the bed for 3 days as i had a catheter in - ouch!

catgirl_872catgirl_872

Kelly_Cait said:
Hi hun if you go to mothercare there book with all their products have a list of what you should take in and a tick list. I stayed in Hospital 5 days with Cait, wanted to get my confidence up with her before I went home, having expects on the scene n all LOL

i did the list yesterday and the only ones i havent ticked is the sun blind, milk formaula, bottles with extra teats, nipple cream, storage bag for bottles and non-slip bath mat LOL
well im goin to mothercare 2moz to buy the last things i need :)xx

candgsmumcandgsmum

catgirl_872 said:

I wasn't given a gown either, packed loads of Jammies though with Charlotte. TMI I know but, I did have a couple of erm major leaks if you know what I mean, so take ones which you won't mind getting ruined. When I got to the hosptal with George they took him off me and I got off the trolley thing from the ambulance and you would have thought I'd just been stabbed or something with the amount of blood everywhere Gag I had to just shove my clothes in a bag and throw them. Then found what had been packed and had to wear some decent joggers that also had to be thrown Rolling Eyes

catgirl_872catgirl_872

candgsmum said:

catgirl_872 said:

I wasn't given a gown either, packed loads of Jammies though with Charlotte. TMI I know but, I did have a couple of erm major leaks if you know what I mean, so take ones which you won't mind getting ruined. When I got to the hosptal with George they took him off me and I got off the trolley thing from the ambulance and you would have thought I'd just been stabbed or something with the amount of blood everywhere Gag I had to just shove my clothes in a bag and throw them. Then found what had been packed and had to wear some decent joggers that also had to be thrown Rolling Eyes

wow ill keep that in mind but i do kinda remember lots of blood LOL ive packed 2 nighties and pjs but the pjs are new so i dunno if i wanna take them now LOL two joggers and two tops is that enough?xxx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
We were in for 10 nights but when I went to the hospital I had no idea I was going to have her that night so I went with nothing Shocked my friend brought all the nescesities for me after. Sounds like you got the right idea for what to bring with ya now...

How ya feelin babe? I noticed on your most recent myspace "display" pic that your bump has grown quite a bit recently! Lookin' good still though Smile

catgirl_872catgirl_872

hapydazy said:
We were in for 10 nights but when I went to the hospital I had no idea I was going to have her that night so I went with nothing Shocked my friend brought all the nescesities for me after. Sounds like you got the right idea for what to bring with ya now...

How ya feelin babe? I noticed on your most recent myspace "display" pic that your bump has grown quite a bit recently! Lookin' good still though Smile

haha yea its like it has just suddenly poped out LOL
i think ive gotten everythin sorted just waitin to get the last bits from mothercare 2moz oh i dunno if u have heard of it but i really wanna buy the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider from argos looks lush LOL
10 nights wow i would hate not having anythin ready LOL id be lost xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum

catgirl_872 said:

wow ill keep that in mind but i do kinda remember lots of blood LOL ive packed 2 nighties and pjs but the pjs are new so i dunno if i wanna take them now LOL two joggers and two tops is that enough?xxx

I would have thought so hun, I'm sure your oh will be able to get some other bits if you need anymore xx

Emma23Emma23
I was in hospital for 6 days in total due to Alfie having low blood sugar and he was in SCBU for 4 days

As i didnt know this i only tool the amount off stuff for 1 night and day , both for me and Alfie. my mum had the week off so she came in everyday with more clothes and nappies etc for Alfie and myself

Hosptitals do theyre own bottles off milk(SMA and cow and gate in mine) so unless your breast feeding baby you wont need to take anything in

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews