Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Newbie with a question!

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi, I'm Louise (31, from South Wales)- nice to meet you all!

I'm a bit concerned- I usually have a regular cycle of 28 days, I also have Mittelshcmerz so I know when I'm ovulating too. I am 6 days late, have done a test (yesterday afternoon, I know they recommend the morning but I thought that at this stage it wouldn't make much difference) that showed up negative, however I think I may be one of the women who has low hcg levels anyway as test didn't show up positive 'til 2 weeks after period due date with my son... that's not my particular concern at the moment tho. My concern is that I have been spotting very lightly on/off for the last 2 days, this isn't like me as my periods are always v heavy and full-on from day 1. I think I may be pregnant as have symptoms I had on my son, just worried that it may be something else? There's no history of early menopause in family- and I'm not in pain so I don't think it's a miscarriage yet, just very confused and don't know what to do...

Lou Sad

Join JustParents to remove this advert

wyked-wytchwyked-wytch
- My blog
I'm pregnant at the minute but it didn't show up on the hcg test til I was 8 weeks and i thought I was going mental! Get your doc to run the test and then press him to find out what's up if you're not. Hormones are funny things in women! good luck with this and the TTC

WelshMumWelshMum
Thank you for that- I feel better that it's not just me! Hug

Lou Smile

candgsmumcandgsmum
Both mine showed up as soon as I realised I could be pregnant so I'm not much help there am I Embarassed

Spotting maybe an implantation bleed, or as you say, if your HGC levels are low maybe a slight period. Have a word with your GP, maybe he/she could give an explanation? See if they will give you a blood test.

WelshMumWelshMum
Thank you anyway! It only seems to happen once a day which is wierd and it's always at night, never when I'm busy during the day- had an awful day at work today over the 'maybe baby' thing... my supervisor is as good as gold (being female, which is great as I don't feel awkward when I don't lift anything heavy) but got taken into the office earlier by one of the male managers who basically had a go at me for not wanting to work with the liver on a production run even tho any officially pregnant employee is out of bounds from it and no fuss made, he was saying "Well, if you can't PROVE that you're pregnant you have to carry on is if you are not" which really annoyed me as I tried to explain to him that I may not know for definate for another week yet. Really wound me up as I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 3 weeks to be safe, and they can just cast my potential pregnancy aside!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews