Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Move house with a baby?

WritingmummyWritingmummy
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Just wondering if anyone here has moved house with a baby - my friend relocated to France when her little one was just a year old! Anyone else done that? Or is it best to wait...

Zoe
x

Join JustParents to remove this advert

candgsmumcandgsmum
We moved when Charlotte was 15 months, but tbh we cheated and sent her away for the bank holiday weekend with my parents while we moved. It would have been too much to keep her entertained while we were moving everything. We did it all rather than getting a removal firm in to save money, and also as we were literally moving a mile down the road. Martin's parents and brothers and sisters helped too which was a god send.

I couldn't imagine moving with a tiny baby - I would have had the removal men in then LOL!

As for relocating to France Scared your friend is one brave lady LOL! But saying all that, I'm sure something on that scale needs meticulous planning and maybe her LO's future was a big reason for the move also.

ellee1984ellee1984
i did a 160 mile move twice before my daughter was 6 months old.. it was hard but cos she was so young we took our time and packed things up over the period of 2 weeks until we only had what we needed and then we had his dad and uncle hire a van and drive down and take our stuff and we travelled with the baby.

GTTkelGTTkel
We moved when our first was 6 months old but that was in the same town, I just got my nan to look after her for the day while we did the heavy lifting and loading then set up the essentials ie beds and cooking stuff in the kitchen before we picked her up. Moving a long distance would have been much harder

supermumsupermum
- My blog
We moved when our daughter was 15 months old and it was quite heart breaking Crying even though it wasn't far away, just a couple of miles.
Every morning when she woke up there were more boxes around the flat. Obviously, she noticed that something was going to happen and when I think of the day when we actually moved (friends and family helped us), she was so different! Well, I felt really sorry for her and I do think that they notice the change and I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little scared too, because the little ones really don't understand what's happening.
Anyway, maybe I was just too sad about the move Rolling Eyes
In generel, I really think it's fine to move with a little one. They will learn and understand with time but as with everything in life, they have to learn that changes are normal.

kimbekimbe
paige is 5 weeks and were looking to moving in the new year as we just are nto settled here seen a gorgus house round the corner from my mum off to view it on wednesday just hope we can get out of our contract here and get the deposit together to get the house

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews