Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Childs Trust Funds

sammum2jacksammum2jack
posted 9 years 10 months ago
Do you actually add money regularly to your childs trust fund?
I want to but havent got round to it yet...
Can you set up direct debits, do you know?
I feel bad that I havent yet.
Just ANOTHER one of the million things I havent got round to doing yet!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

AlexAlex Moderator
you can add to you CTF. I do £10 a month Direct Debit. you can only put £1200 in a year (so no-more than £100 a month) You can also pay in one of sums i.e birthday money

catgirl_872catgirl_872
thats a wicked idea doin it by Direct Debit i never new u could and kieran is comin up to two now and we havent put no money in it, i feel so bad about it but what can ya do when ya got no money xxx

ellee1984ellee1984
family put money into izzys ctf on her birthdays and xmas and christening etc.. my nan when i was little they set up a trust fund for me but at the age of 17 when it matured i kinda blew it all big mistake so she says she wants to give izzy as much money as she can whilst she can which is nice. i dont put into tht account but i do into one i set up for her when she 16

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
ethans got a seperate bank account as theres a limit to the amount the ctf can have - we have a £20 direct debit to his bank account and all birthday and xmas money goes in it. the ctf is just for ctf - we add nothing to that.

miarubymiaruby
- My blog

Hayley_Kev said:
ethans got a seperate bank account as theres a limit to the amount the ctf can have - we have a £20 direct debit to his bank account and all birthday and xmas money goes in it. the ctf is just for ctf - we add nothing to that.

Same here hunnie, both of mine are with the halifax, and I put in £20 a month into mia saving account xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte has a bank account but we never set one up for George Embarassed Something I need to get round to.

They both have trust funds but they only have the money that the government put in I've never set up a direct debit. I didn't really know where to invest it but the government ended up doing it before I got round to it Embarassed with Charlotte's and George's voucher was accidentally shredded Scared so I had to wait for them to do his too Rolling Eyes

kezzamumkezzamum
posted 9 years 9 months ago
We add any birthday money to Harry's but dont do monthly installments or anything quite so organised. Would like to when I have more spare cash though. (if ever)
A firend told me about a competion she's entered where the prize is a total of £1200 into your CTF over the period of a year...apparently this is becoming quite a common thing to do now?? I like the idea of it growing without me actually doing anything to it!
All she has to do (if she wins) is blog for this Five Fab Mums organisation...sounds quite simple. Think they give her other bits like a video camera etc and she has to keep a video diary..not bad work if you can get it!

candgsmumcandgsmum
I'm sure this has been posted about on General already...?

orc30orc30
Only my youngest was entitled to the CTF. I put a regular amount in every month. Some of them offer bonuses if you put in a certain amount every year. I also like the fact that it is secure until the age of 18 so it can't be got at. Then you just have to help them be sensible with it.

I am trying to save up money so that they can all go to university it that is what they choose to do. Otherwise I hope there will be enough to put a deposit on a house or something.

lilysmumlilysmum
I've applied for this Five Fab Mums thing too - hoping that the £100 a month will encourage some saving! Even if I don't win then I think my New Year's resolution is to put at least £50 in a month...

lilysmumlilysmum
Hi ladies,
Just seen that today is the closing date for the five fab mums comp. I know a few of you have applied, so fingers crossed for everyone x

wyked-wytchwyked-wytch
- My blog
We don't put into it because of the fact that it doesn't look like a stable way to keep the money growth safe. All these shares thingeys don't make sense to me. So when the new one's born in April we're going to set them up each a savings account that hey can't touch til they're 25. Any younger than that and they'd blow it on crap because I knew I would have. I got nearly £2000 on my 21st and didn't have a damn thing to show for it.

I hope my kids will have more sense than that, but I know how big the pull of fun is. Even now at 24, I can still be a little too good to myself. As long as the baby has everything she needs then what ever's left just goes on crap that we want and don't really need. It's probably not the wisest idea in the world but if life's taught me anything it's that being good to yourself does no harm as long as you don't hurt anyone doing it! I'm only making them wait til they're 25 because at least they might not be TOO silly with it.

ChocTPotChocTPot
posted 7 years 4 months ago
I wish we could but dont have extra money from the monthly income. Its such a shock to the system living off one income!

We do use Kidstart.co.uk though so add that way.

We tend to shop online for groceries especialy now I am getting into weeble status (32 weeks pg) and you get savings back so it all adds up.

S x

evangelineevangeline
posted 5 years 8 months ago
not a bad idea. will definitely help later when you find good sum of money !

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews