Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Pram or Travel System??

SadieBabySadieBaby
posted 9 years 10 months ago
Heya! I am looking to buy a pram/travel system, but am a bit confused about what to get! I like the idea of baby lying flat when 1st born therfore am thinking about getting a pram but these seem expensive if there only goin to last a few weeks! Is there such thing as a pram that turns into a pushchair with car seat etc....? Thanks, Sadie xx

Join JustParents to remove this advert

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
there are many pram ts you can buy where baby can lie flat - the ts i had for Ethan you could lie flat but it really depends on why you want a ts? most people have them just so there baby can go in the car seat and be seen when walking around - which isnt good for the baby as theyr only supposed to be in the car seat thing for 1-2 hrs at most.

why not buy something like the bebecar where you can change them or the cosatto?

AlexAlex Moderator
I have to say I am not a travel system fan. Babies should only be in the car seat for short spells and if you are out all day then baby is in it for too long. Perosnally I would save a little and get a nice pram/3in 1

kimbekimbe
ive got a trenton delux travel system it comes with carseat but also has a soft infant carrier that goes inside the pram so baby can lay flat and face you the hood moves all the way forward creating like a pram mode,, paige is not to keen on it at the moment and cryed when laid down in it so when shes been out in her pram shes been in the carseat does worry me though make sure shes in the carseat minium as possible and taken out as soon as we reach were we are going

catgirl_872catgirl_872
yea kieran had the car seat one but he werent in the carseat for long as he loved to see what was happenin on the outside, like ppl walkin past and cars ect it was nice to see him interested even tho i wanted to see him myself LOL anyways i got the duo pram ready now but the carseat didnt come with it xxx

SadieBabySadieBaby
Thank you all for your advice!

hayley81hayley81
Hey Hun seen LOVERLY silver cross pram that converts to pram and is very cosy for the baby today in toys r us was on £299.99 too which i thought was very reasonable will try find a link and pop it on some point Smile

ellee1984ellee1984
i had with izzy a travel system which i loved. it had the bit where you could put the car seat on so if they baby was asleep in the car you didnt have to disturb them and then it had a carry cot bit which laid flat inside the pushchair and then you could recline the seat back up and have it as a pushchair.

the only downside to it was it was very big a bulky and heavy so i couldnt lift it for a few weeks after giving birth cos of the weight of it, if only fit in the boot of my car at a certain angle (i only got a small boot though) so i eventually brought a stroller type pushchair when izzy was about 8-10months old.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews