Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Home /water birth

AllaniscometAllaniscomet
posted 9 years 10 months ago
I'm thinking of having a home/ water birth. What do you all think about that? Has anyone at this board ever did their birth that way? If so I would love some advice about the best way to go about it. We want to bring the baby into the world in the most mellow, and quiet, calm way we can. Would love some input on this.
Allanis

Join JustParents to remove this advert

hayley81hayley81
Hey Hun, i am having a home birth this time too had a hospital birth with my son , and even though i had no problems with it, i just want to be @ home this time, i would have a water birth but i have no space to put the pool so a normal home birth will do me fine :)but do what you feel best and most comfortable with.

catgirl_872catgirl_872
well i was ment to have a water birth in hospial but he came to fast so i was thinkin maybe its better to have it at home so i dont have to wait to go in it LOL but im scared my gas and air wont come in time LOL must have that stuff xx

AllaniscometAllaniscomet
I'm glad to hear there are others that are doing the homebirth thing! We want to do the birthing pool as well because we have heard that it makes for a calmer child even later in their lives. Something about entering into the world in a more common way that they have been used to for 9mnths. We are just praying that everything goes like we want, and that there are no complications. That's the only scary part.

gypseygypsey
im havin mine in hospital more drugs the better sorry im s Sad scared stiff silly really to say it my 4th

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
hi i had a water birth with jessica and i loved it..it tuck the edge of my contractions and i was chilled all the way through..it was very calming and i would definatly have another water birth if i have another baby

xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had a homebirth although I didn't use water or a pool due to me knowing water doesn't help me with contractions. I used a TEN's machine for pain relief which I found really helped and planned to use gas & air for the pushing part, but I had a quick labour and the gas & air didn't turn up in time, the midwife did only just!

I found not being constantly on and off monitors and being examined (as with my first) was better, I could move around and lean on anything or even just make a cup of tea myself!

Unfortunately my son had a knot in his cord( we found it when I cut the cord) and when my waters broke when I began to push, they were green and the midwife realised he was in distress. As soon as he was born we were taken to hospital and he went to specialcare while they stabalised his breathing and brought his temperature back up. Otherwise, than that the labour was a nice experience, if not a little too quick LOL.

One thing I will say is to be prepared for anything! I progressed so quickly we literally managed to get the sheets on the floor as my waters went and me being me, thought it would jinx it if I packed an emergency hospital bag, so as you can imagine, my husband packed it for me in a hurry and I had no hairbrush, soap or underwear. He even managed to pack the sanitry towels, instead of maternity towels bless him.

catgirl_872catgirl_872

candgsmum said:
I had a homebirth although I didn't use water or a pool due to me knowing water doesn't help me with contractions. I used a TEN's machine for pain relief which I found really helped and planned to use gas & air for the pushing part, but I had a quick labour and the gas & air didn't turn up in time, the midwife did only just!

I found not being constantly on and off monitors and being examined (as with my first) was better, I could move around and lean on anything or even just make a cup of tea myself!

Unfortunately my son had a knot in his cord( we found it when I cut the cord) and when my waters broke when I began to push, they were green and the midwife realised he was in distress. As soon as he was born we were taken to hospital and he went to specialcare while they stabalised his breathing and brought his temperature back up. Otherwise, than that the labour was a nice experience, if not a little too quick LOL.

One thing I will say is to be prepared for anything! I progressed so quickly we literally managed to get the sheets on the floor as my waters went and me being me, thought it would jinx it if I packed an emergency hospital bag, so as you can imagine, my husband packed it for me in a hurry and I had no hairbrush, soap or underwear. He even managed to pack the sanitry towels, instead of maternity towels bless him.

see now u have scared me no way im havin a home birth cus the midwife prob wouldnt come on time, its gonna be so hard to know when to go to the hospital cus i didnt get normal contractions i just got back pains with kieran, my god it was hard cus my mum was like how often u gettin pains and i was like what! its just back pains i werent gettin pains once every half hour or what ever it is LOL so i dunno how im gonna know next time as its ment to be faster so ive heard LOL xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews