Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

dummy no more!! (UPDATED)

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
posted 9 years 10 months ago
Last edited by Hayley_Kev 9 years 10 months ago
3 days ago ethan lost his dummy - it is somewhere in the house we just cant seem to find it - normally (as this has happened many time before) id give him another one out of the drawer - but i decided that now would be the time to ban the 'D' word!! hes doing ever so well the first night was a pain - he woke around 5am and wouldnt settle but since then has been fine! although iv found him puttin stupid things in his mouth since - is this normal LOL! my electric cupboard by the front door has a brass knob - ethan keeps going up to it and putting his mouth around it! dafty!!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

gypseygypsey
Thumbs Up he will soon forget my eldest one did

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
LOL you go girl!Bless him he will soon forget and he'll be up to too much mischief to care!Just don't give him something to replace it.

I'm 19 and still suck my thumb Embarassed when I was little my mum left me to have a bottle till I was 3, I moaned so she told me so suck my thumb instead and I did and still do!!!Tried to stop it but can't. So now my teeth stick forward and I have a gap due to this. Not good.

glennyglenny
well done ethan - clever boy Very Happy well done mummy for toughing it out x

angelsmomangelsmom
well done ethan and you. when casey first came off dummy she didnt really put other things in her mouth, even dummys.

but after a few months she started to suck her dolls dummy and put random things in her mouth, even biting things.

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
this is day 5 without a dummy - and a few times iv caught him sucking his thumb - which i really dont want him doing!! im removed his hand from his mouth and clearly telling him 'no' but the little monkey laffs and puts his thumb back in his mouth!!

any tips please!!

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Put something on his thumb that he doesn't like? Like marmite if he don't like it?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews