Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Can anyone shed light - spots on hands and feet?

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 11 months ago
Today I've noticed spots on Charlotte's hands and just checked her feet and they seem to be appearing there too. She has a few on her face and ear lobes.

I'm at a loss as to what they are, they are becoming quite swollen on her hands, at first I dismissed it as dribble rash as she sucks her thumb and often at night which leaves dribble - nice LOL! Should say too that they are only on the backs of her hands not on her palms, as the spots on her feet, they aren't on the soft pads.

I've checked her back and stomach and nothing there. She has already had chicken pox so I'm fairly sure it isn't that although, some of the spots are a little scabby looking.

Can anyone help, I don't want to have to drag her to the doctors if it is something trivial Shrug

Join JustParents to remove this advert

kelkel
it could chichen pox hun, it is known for them to get it more than once. if i were u i'd take her to the doctors, nothing is trivial when it comes to u'r babies Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
I think I will make an appointment tomorrow - she was ill on Sunday. She had a high temperature and was sick. She seemed to perk up a little after that and seemed fine Monday and Tuesday, tbh she seems fairly well today and not complaining of anything. George was the same yesterday night, sick and high temperature, he still isn't 100% today and quite clingy. Best get it checked out. Thanks Kel Thumbs Up

glennyglenny
i would take her to the docs hunni just to be on the safe side, it could just be a viral rash or it could be hand, foot and mouth, or chicken pox

daft question in know but have you done the glass test, just to be sure x

candgsmumcandgsmum
Thanks Glenny, I did the glass test but they disappear under pressure. I checked her hands again but they seem to have gone down which is odd. George has a spot now near his mouth so whatever she has got sounds contagious .

Just had a phone call from my friend while typing this post and she said the Yorkshire post has said there is an epidemic outbreak of measles in our area! Charlotte has had her MMR and George is due for his next week, is it still possible to get them even if you have been immunised?

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
do u have pets hun?

candgsmumcandgsmum
Yes hun I have a dog. She hasn't got any fleas and the spots are the wrong sort for bites, they aren't large enough. (I've already checked LOL)

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
iwas thinkin more mites hun or anything else he could of brort in from the garden - just a little midget...

as for gettin mmr,ethan had his last week and i was told that they could get a bout of them after 2 weeks of the injection as to build up the antibodies they give them a dose of it - but depending on how long ago charlotte had her last mmr injection could rule that out or not.

have you thort of foot and mouth hun? godknows where its come from but a few kids at ethans mums'n'tots group had it a few weeks ago.they had spots on their hands and feet which were quite blistery so their mum was telling me (luckily this week was our first time there!)

get em both in the docs hun to rule the main things out - and if its only something small,then the doc can still recommend something for it.hope theyre both ok x

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hi thanks Hayley, I beginning to suspect Hand Foot and mouth tbh. I've got them both in at the doctors this afternoon as George is covered in them this morning Crying all up to his nappy and Charlotte's are blistery this morning.

They both have absolutely no energy bless them Sad

sugarsugar Moderator
hand foot and mouth is tiny blisters in and around the mouth, hands, feet and nappy area (basically anywhere sweaty) and is very contagious - everything ur children touch and put in thie mouth needs to be sterilized before and after use if possible - it will keep spreading until the toys they use are sterilised hun - its not a bad thing just incomfortable for children - it can also make feeding uncomfortable as blisters appear on the tounge.

Immunisations DO NOT make ur child IMMUNE to an illness - they just help the body fight it so there is a smaller chance of them catching it or if they do catch it makes the illness a lot less fierce than it would have been had they not had the jab hun HTH xxx

P.S im a bloomin expert in hand, foot and mouth now after seeing so many children with it at work! it spreads like wildfire! so if it is hanf, foot and mouth then u need to inform any children they have been near (nursery, etc) as it will spread - they also shouldnt be taken into nursery if they attend until the spots have scabbed oer which can take 4-7 days xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well been to the doctors and he said it's a viral rash. Nothing I can put on it, just to let it go away on its own. Apparently it is quite contagious, fanbloodytastic LOL!

At least it isn't anything more serious and they should be ok within a week.

barrybarry
Glad to hear its nothing to serious ....she'l be back to her wee self in no time Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews