Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

workout and Wii!!

bluebellbluebell
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
Has anyone got a Nintendo Wii?

We brought 1 for the kids (8 and 10 yrs old)and they absoloutely love it, but I have to admit I've become totally hooked! Its just so much fun and great exercise, I noticed my jeans were gettin a little loser then I saw this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6376637.stm and know why!
Very Happy
Very Happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
We borrowed one for a while and must admit it was great fun. We were hooked on the wii sports but the only problem was we both pulled muscles in our arms LOL!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
iv had a wii since it first came out,which was a yr ago now! and im still hooked!! everynight when weve put ethan to bed me and kev give it our all!!
as for the pulled muscle thing,thats the usual begginers strain,its gone after a few weeks.
iv just actually sold a load of completed games on ebay!

iv pre-orderedthis ready for when it comes out - then the weight will really get dropping off... its called 'wii fit' and is a board and fitness game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oNVIcMnZh4

kelkel
i love my wii, its great for fitness and far more fun. i'm more likely to play the wii everyday then workout at the gym or to a dvd anyday! Thumbs Up

carla234carla234
i think that the boxing is the toughest workout when you keep going at it ye best workout ever

bluebellbluebell
I totally agree that I would be more likely to use the Wii as a work out rather than go to the gym...heaps more fun and LOADS cheaper!
I cant believe all the different prog's and games for it either- you can get everything from a physical to mental workout (hubbys even on about gettin a programme with global weather reports!)
I think I might put myself down for 1 of that fitness 1 too Very Happy

xx

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i want a Wii for that exact reason
i will get one
xxx

bluebellbluebell
I would definately reccomend it, its great value all round as every1 loves it!
They even use them in old peoples homes to keep the residents active....so at xmas I'm gonna have grannies 1 and 2 locked in a virtual battle! ha
I think its really great, I'm a big fan!

bluebellbluebell
Following on from the Wii discussion....my kids have asked for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd0KiUEZeoo
and I must admit it looks quite fun!

Thumbs Up

xx

barrybarry
Big Wii fan here so addicted its untrue ……the games so far have been good and I think wii sports is the best …or rayman …..but honestly check this out ………..its out in the states at around $60 so it shouldn’t be over priced how good does this look

....Sorry got a link to tell me that i coulndt post web addys cause i,m new .....understandable Smile

just go to google and look up

Wii Fit and go to the E3 link Smile

Looks great ......although unlike wii sports i cant seeme staying on that board when i,ve had a drink LOL

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

barry said:
Big Wii fan here so addicted its untrue ……the games so far have been good and I think wii sports is the best …or rayman …..but honestly check this out ………..its out in the states at around $60 so it shouldn’t be over priced how good does this look

....Sorry got a link to tell me that i coulndt post web addys cause i,m new .....understandable Smile

just go to google and look up

Wii Fit and go to the E3 link Smile

Looks great ......although unlike wii sports i cant seeme staying on that board when i,ve had a drink LOL

i already posted this hun as one of the first comments - use that link as i have it on there

barrybarry
thanks Hayley ....never noticed that link LOL .......looks so good eh Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
I love my wii so does Joseph- especially tennis and bowling. I want to get the operation game!

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev

alex said:
I love my wii so does Joseph- especially tennis and bowling. I want to get the operation game!

iv got 'trauma centre' its so hard!! im stuck and so i aint played it in a while!

barrybarry
Trauma centre looks really good ....been trying to get it for a while but its been sold out .....got Boogie though LMAO scary when you have to sing though Scared

AlexAlex Moderator

barry said:
Trauma centre looks really good ....been trying to get it for a while but its been sold out .....got Boogie though LMAO scary when you have to sing though Scared

amazon have it

barrybarry
thanks will check it out......never off amazon just now xmas shopping Sad LOL

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
i just brort zelda off amazon for £22.50! cheapest i could find it!

i want boogie too - just want it come down in price tho! i love all the singstars tho on my PS2 - thats great for nights in with a few girls and wine LOL!! although DP isnt happy when hes come in to aloada wailing cats hahaha!!!

barrybarry
LMAO ....yeah i know what thats like although me siging and dancing to "kung fu fighting " aint a pretty sight or sound either LOL Very Happy

RichRich Moderator
Guys try

www.Kelkoo.co.uk

this will give you the best prices around on the net, it's like a price comparison. Recently got Simpsons season 8 and 9 for £14.99 each, free postage through finding the best price on there. So use it for your Console gaming price checks too Smile

Now we resume you back to your regular broadcast.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews