Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

30 minute meals

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
For those days when we get in abit later than expected and don't have long to cook can we come up with a list of meals that take no longer than 30 minutes (including preparation time)
I'll kick things off with CHICKEN STIR-FRY AND RICE

ChellChell
Pasta with pesto/cream cheese and mushrooms. Delish and takes about 15mins maximum (even quicker with quick cook pasta).

candgsmumcandgsmum
Spag bol - takes me about 20 mins.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Tacos!!!! Chop up all the veggies for them while your cooking the beef and should be done even sooner than 30 mins!

I like this post BTW, now that I'm back to work and get home right at dinner time I'm looking forward to some more ideas... keep em comin guys! Thumbs Up

kirstkirst
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
tuna pasta bake, easy 15 min job. LOL if that

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
Pasta with cheese and beans hmm yummy ! Takes about 15 minutes if that hehe! x

kirstkirst
chicken wraps
savory mkince on the hob nt oven

gemmagemma

kirst said:
tuna pasta bake, easy 15 min job. LOL if that

oooo you pinched my idea Razz

erm......

spanish omlette

my version is basically eggs with all leftovers in, LOL

angelmumangelmum
Scrambled egg on toast

Jacket potatoe with cheese
or beans e.c.t

Something that i make often and we all enjoy it takes me about 30 mins

cook some pasta and in another large pan use 2 tins of chopped tomatoes more if your cooking for a few people or tomatoe puree , add some chopped pepper's, sweetcorn, chop a tin of ham up and add that, garlic puree, and a choped onion mix it all together with the pasta and hey presto Clapping

kirstkirst
easiest oone of all, salad!

hayley81hayley81
Best Invention ever i came across was my slow cooker, u can put it all on in the morning and leave it for the day, when u get in if it a casserole just make some spuds to go with it and a bit veg, if it a stew add the dumplings and sever in 30 mins, if it a curry just cook the rice or u can even cook a roast in them never actually tried that myself but know people that have i think they are fantastic invention for a proper home cooked meal.

hayley81 said:
Best Invention ever i came across was my slow cooker, u can put it all on in the morning and leave it for the day, when u get in if it a casserole just make some spuds to go with it and a bit veg, if it a stew add the dumplings and sever in 30 mins, if it a curry just cook the rice or u can even cook a roast in them never actually tried that myself but know people that have i think they are fantastic invention for a proper home cooked meal.

OH yea, I love my crock pot (slow cooker)!! and you can make really good bbq chicken for sandwiches or bbq pork (we call them pulled pork or chicken, or in the south US it's called a PO Boy LOL, just put the meat (boneless) on low, put bbq sauce in and let it slow cook all day then put it on rolls Smile

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
alwys wondered what a po boy sub was LOL!!!

and what are grits??? one of those things ive alwys wondered!!!

cut up a couple of chicken fillets and fry them in a little oil then add either 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter or 3 spoonfuls of lazy chilli and add a cup of veggie/chicken stock add a handful of beansprouts/spring onions/stir fry mix and serve with cooked noodles for a lovely chilli or satay chicken dish.

cant get enough of this!!!

pinknfluffypinknfluffy

cut up a couple of chicken fillets and fry them in a little oil then add either 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter or 3 spoonfuls of lazy chilli and add a cup of veggie/chicken stock add a handful of beansprouts/spring onions/stir fry mix and serve with cooked noodles for a lovely chilli or satay chicken dish.

pinknfluffy said:

LOL... grits are like homony (sp??) its made from corn (I think??) really good with melted cheese, seasonings and a fried egg (or 2) on top... mmm yummy!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hayley81 you have convinced me to invest in a slow cooker!

I remember my mum cooking stews in hers and the smell when you got in on an evening....ahhhhh! Just what we need at the moment with the colder nights drawing in!!!

gemmagemma
yes i'm really tempted too. My mum had a crock pot so i may just have to borrow it.

i know there's some ideas on here but perhaps all you experience users Wink Embarassed could start a thread with some recipe ideas as have to say i'm not very creative, LOL.

angelsmomangelsmom
im quite tempted by a slow cooker too, may borrow my friends before i invest.

for quickness we like ham salad wraps.

or on those days were feeling relly lazy, takeaway can take less than 30mins

hipmommahipmomma
all our meals have to take less than 30 mins otherwise the kids start moaning!

one of our favourites is rice with tuna and sweetcorn. i put garlic salt into the water when cooking the rice for a bit of extra flavour!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews