Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Should parents buy perfume for their kids?

LilyLily
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

My name's Lily and I have a 2-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl. I was wondering if it was healthy to buy them perfume. What do you think?

I also wanted to know if you buy sun lotions for kids? Which brands do you use?

Thanks,

Lily Very Happy

Join JustParents to remove this advert

angelmumangelmum
I dont but my girls perfume but now and again they get a squirt of mummy's Smile

and i buy avon suncream Smile

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I don't buy perfume, not for me or my girl. Don't like the stuff. I get garnier or nivea.

AlexAlex Moderator
I buy Garnier sun cream factor 50 Clapping (for me and DS)

ButtercupButtercup
There is now way i would buy perfume for Amy she is too little for it. Suncream is usually whatever is on offer at factor 50 for us both to use Embarassed

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wouldn't buy Charlotte any perfume maybe when she is older (in her teens at least).

I use a high factor sunscreen for the kids but it depends on what is on offer to what I buy.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wouldn't buy Charlotte any perfume maybe when she is older (in her teens at least).

I use a high factor sunscreen for the kids but it depends on what is on offer to what I buy.

LadybugLadybug
I use Nivea's factor 50 coloured stuff - it's green at first then disappears as it rubs in.

I'd never give my wee girl perfume. If she wants it in high school I'll maybe think about it.

lauranlauran
I have bought my 9 year old niece barbie purfum for her birthday. I hate to say this but she gets bullied at school because her mum is not hot on personal hygiene for her or the children and the children call her smelly Sad I also bought other little girlie smellies like bath bombs ect. When we went to Lanzarote a few years ago they were selling lots of purfums for children but that really creeped me out then. As for sun cream i use either Nivea children or nivea. it has to be factor 50+ as our son was born with a large mole on his scalp so his skin is very prone to sun damage

lottielottie
hello xx I have baby burberry (called touch) for my little ones clothes its not like a really perfume its not strong at all and mixes in with her lovely natural smell.It has lovely essentual oils.Its not like a really perfume and the smell relaxes.I do not put it on her skin only on clothes not every day and its not strong at all and it doesnt all at take away her natural smell.The fragrance is like a nice soapy smell like lotion you put on a baby.If you see it in perfume shop, I have only seen it at the airports.Do smell it its nice.
I baby sat for someone and they had it on there side and i smelt it and didnt think I would cause I dont like the idea of perfumes for children.
I do worry young girls looking older than they are and wearing perfume and it attracts men.Its scary x

I use a very high factor sunlotion/block on my little one and she always wears a hat.

funkychicfunkychic
posted 9 years 11 months ago
I would buy perfume say at 13 14 have to be carefull as well as some perfumes can harm. Has been known that perfumes some of them can cause asma.

ChellChell
posted 9 years 11 months ago
I wouldn't buy DD perfum but occassionally she has a squirt of mine.

glennyglenny
posted 9 years 10 months ago
i think its alright for girls to have the odd squirt of mummy's, etc as they are just curious and want to be like mummy, which is a natural progression

i wouldnt buy her own perfume though til highschool age at least

im not gonna be a very popular mummy i dont think as there are alot of things i wont be allowing cara until she's at least in high school as i think the pressure on wee girls to be all grown up is unfair - she'll thank me when she's older and doesnt have an old head Very Happy

touseef123touseef123
posted 7 years 4 months ago
I dont think so parents take perfumes for children ..... Bad!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews