Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

thyroid sufferers?

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
i suffer from an underactive thyroid any more sufferers on here?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

alis378alis378
I am, just had my dosage upped to 150mcg. Am sick of my hair falling out all the time!!! What symptoms do you have??
x

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Oh what are the symtoms my hair falls out loads Shocked

alis378alis378

mumof2_jo said:
Oh what are the symtoms my hair falls out loads Shocked

Symptoms can include:

extreme tiredness
hair loss (which carries on after 6-9 months after childbirth)
weight gain
constipation

I had all these symptoms but put it down to working and having young children and all the running around the two entail. It was only when I mentioned my hair loss to the gp that a test was done. I think I may have had it undiagnosed for a few years Sad

ButtercupButtercup
memory loss
problems with your hearing
lack of sex drive
eyebrows thinning at the ends
skin becoming rough and dry
these are some more symptoms we have to put up with Rolling Eyes

I was diagnosed 6 weeks after having Amy and had put most of my symptoms down to lack of sleep. My doctor thinks i had it for ages before it was picked up so why was it never noticed with all the blood they take when you are pregnant Suspect

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2433259428&ref=mf

joined a support group on facebook. Its good to be able to talk to other people who know exactly what you are going through and dont tell you to pull yourself together Rolling Eyes

AlexAlex Moderator
thats good you have found a support group to talk things through with. (wish I could find one for everything going on here just now- plenty for the suffers but not the family)

hayley81hayley81
Hey i have underactive thyroid too have had it since i was 22 i am 26 now but only taken 50 mcg thyroxine and have been on that dose for a while now, lucky they have it stable for now

alis378alis378

Buttercup said:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2433259428&ref=mf

joined a support group on facebook. Its good to be able to talk to other people who know exactly what you are going through and dont tell you to pull yourself together Rolling Eyes

I;ve also just joined this, thanks for the link lesley
x

EmmieEmmie
posted 1 decade 4 weeks ago
Hello im a sufferer to

my hair falls out and i cant sleep its like im wired, Shrug

my skins awfull too ! Shocked

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews