Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Is surrogacy suitable after miscarriage ?

EvaEva
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Hi!

I got married at age of 28. Mine was love marriage. Me and my husband love to have children. Getting pregnant was not an easy road for me. This year I had a miscarriage after 20th week of pregnancy. Doctor has told me this is due to thin lining of utretus and low estrogen level. The loss of my child is still painful for me. I am depressed and thoughts of never having baby haunts me. I want to know if surrogacy is suitable for me in this situation? Will it be painful and long process? I am not sure whether there will be miscarriage again.Me and my husband are searching for appropriate solution. Currently me and my husband are teachers at a school. So would it be affordable for us? Waiting for your kind help.

TrinityTrinity
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Dear Eva,
Sorry for the miscarriage. Yes. Surrogacy will work for you. But allow me to delve into the thin uterine lining issue for the benefit of other readers on this forum. Thin uterine lining, also known as endometrium, is a challenging problem to anyone who has experienced it. Naturally, the uterine lining is supposed to grow becoming thick as the follicles grow, which makes it receptive in readiness to accept an embryo when transferred to the uterine cavity. The growth of the uterine is dependent on the flow of blood to the uterus, the level of estrogen in the body, and the health of the endometrial tissue. Any problem resulting from any of the preceding causes the uterine lining to remain weak. If the doctor tried to treat your uterine, it is advisable you try a scan first to see whether it improved. In case there was no improvement at all, it suggests that the endometrial tissue could be defective hence difficult to treat. But then again, you could do further tests probably have a hysteroscopy done just to see if your case has a chance of being corrected. I have seen adhesions done and anatomic problems fixed! There are possibilities of having your uterine blood flow deliberately provoked to flow and cause your uterine lining to improve. You still have options to cling on. Walk to the nearest fertility center and talk to experts. Having explored all available alternatives, you can go for surrogacy.

nooranoora
posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
Hi Eva! I’m so sorry about your loss. I know how painful it is for you. I had 3 MCs which was and still is, hard to live through. Idk if I can help much as I’m at the beginning of my journey. I'll just share my thoughts and experience. Maybe it will be helpful for you. My DH and I are currently pregnant via surrogacy. As we are using clinic abroad, our sm lives there. Our sm is pregnant, 9 weeks. We are going to pay €40 000. Actually as the whole sum is divided into 5 parts, we've already paid €16 000. Next payment we'll make on 12th week. We really like that this amount €40 000 is strictly set in our contract. We are sure we won't have to pay extra money, only this amount and no more.
I can’t say it is a long and painful process. We’ve been waiting for this moment for 8 years. We will have to wait just a couple more months and our dream to become parents will become a reality. It took our clinic less than 3 months to find sm for us. I don’t think that was long. You will have to wait longer if you have surrogacy for example in UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. As only altruistic surrogacy is legal there, you’ll have to find sm by yourself or wait for a “volunteer” who would carry your baby.
Pay attention to laws regarding surrogacy. They are different in each country. At some countries(for example in Russia) you will have to go through adoption after your sm give birth. So sm is considered a mother of a child. There is a risk she may refuse to give a baby back to intended parents. Georgia and Ukraine have now emerged as the next surrogacy hubs as there are no laws or rules so far governing the sector.
I can’t say surrogacy feels painful for me. Actually I feel much better after long years of failures, losses and empty hopes. Though I’m nervous because my baby is far away now, but for the first time I feel like this is real. I have belief that this time we’ll make it.

g4408380g4408380
posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
I am very sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I don't have much advice other than to try and stay positive. Sometimes there really is no reason why a pregnancy doesn't continue. Contact with BioTexCom clinic in Ukraine for expert advice. I hope to hear you are cycling again soon.

nooranoora
posted 3 weeks 4 days ago
Hello Eva! I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I know what you're going through. I had 3 MCs. It was awful to go through all that. I still can't recover from unbearable pain inside. I was also very scared to get pregnant again. I had a very deep depression and problems with mental health. My DH and I decided to turn to surrogacy. Actually that was not only our decision but also doctors' advice and my health' indicators. Someone may say we "gave up" too fast. But we decided it will be better for me, for us and for our family.
We are currently in our surrogacy journey. We addressed to a clinic abroad so our surrogate mother lives there. We're 12 weeks pregnant. From my experience I can tell this process is not painful and long. Of course there were some troubles we faced, especially at the beginning, when we've just started our search on surrogacy. But generally everything is going fine. It took us approximately 3 months to decide which clinic to use. Then we went there, signed all needed papers and our clinic started to search surro mother for us. It took them approximately 2-3 months. And then we started the exact procedure.
I think you can definitely find affordable options. There are so many fertility centers all over the world. Each country has its own price for surrogacy. USA has the highest price. We didn't have such amount of money. Their costs varies from $100 000 to $150 000. It is prohibitive price for us. Speaking about European countries, their prices are much lower. Their costs vary from $30 000 to $80 000. We're using European clinic. They provided us with everything needed, including apartment, transportation around the city, assistance with documents and food supply. All these are included into our price. One more thing which I really like is that we don't have to pay the whole sum at once. Not only it's easier to collect money and pay in parts, but also it gives some guarantees and we avoid risks. We pay $45 000 for the whole procedure and all services. We've already paid $18 000. I hope this information will be helpful for you. I wish you good luck, Eva!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews