Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Alas! I Can not Conceive

AmieAmie
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Hi.. I am Amie and I am married to the love of my life John. Now I am 44 year old. After reading other discussions here, I got the idea to share my story with you all. I found my love at the age of 38. We both are together from the day till now. However, On the other side I got divorced twice. I was never serious to have a baby during first two marriages. For me I was not mentally prepared to have a baby. As I was so serious towards my job and career. Probably this was also one of reasons behind my divorces. But now, as I found the love of my life so we planned to have a Baby. We tried but I never conceived. Doctors found Uterus cancer and 2 years ago it was removed. Now me and my husband are dying to have a baby. But my husband is afraid to take any risk after my surgery. Now the only only I have is to get a donor egg. My husband is not agreed on it. I am trying my best to convince him because I need a baby.

Stacy11Stacy11
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Hi amie! I have read your your post about not being able to conceive. I am really sorry for that i know it is very difficult situation for any women.On the other hand I am also I happy for you that you are married to the love of your life. This will help you a lot in your on going condition. you are not the only one facing this problem. There are 15% women that are facing the infertility issue. I would like to tell you that I am also facing the same problem. As you were told by the doctors that uou had a uterus cancer and then you got cured for it, similarly I have also been told by the doctors about a disease I am having and that is not letting me have a baby. It is a type of heart disease. That very good that you have got cure from the uterus cancer. I am still having treatments for my heart disease so that I can also have a baby. I have consulted a few gynecologists about the infertility issue. They have suggested me that I should have a proper treatment first and if it is still not getting possible with that, then you can go for the IVF procedure. I told my husband about this and he agreed. As you are married to the love of your life, you should tell him that when infertility issue is not resolved from treatment then people go for various other ways like the one you are talking about. So get him in confidence as soon as possible and give him the best gift of his life, a baby. I hope this post will help you. Take care.

Monica_SmithMonica_Smith
posted 1 month 3 days ago
Hey dear, so sorry to hear about your condition! It is always upsetting to know that anybody else has to suffer what all I suffered. Dealing with infertility is tough! I have dealt with but now I am a mother! It took me a lot of time too, to convince the husband to go for IVF procedure with donor eggs! But at last he agreed to go through the procedure and now holding that baby in our arms, he doesn't regret it at all nor do I! We are blessed! try to tell your husband such success stories to convince him! Or take him to some good clinic to talk where doctors can explain him about this! In my case, my doctors really helped in convincing and counselling my husband about the procedure! Wish you good luck Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews