Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Bicornuate Uterus

Polina22Polina22
posted 2 weeks 2 hours ago
Hi all, who knows the methods of treatment, Bicornuate Uterus?
motherhow.com/bicornuate-uterus/

Join JustParents to remove this advert

g4408380g4408380
posted 1 week 1 day ago
Hi dear. I am happy that you are searching answers in such renowned forum. It’s a pretty bad problem, I faced it too. To my rescue, there was an expert team of doctors from Ukraine. If I could go back in time, I would not have allowed removal of ANY parts. I didn't know what I had 'til it was gone! The hysterectomy has negatively affected every aspect of my life. I will be happy to explain further if you'd like. You mentioned being postmenopausal but said you're having "prolonged & painful" periods. So I suppose you meant premenopausal. Have you tried hormonal or non-hormonal medication to reduce the bleeding? That can help pain somewhat too. If you can't or don't want to take hormones (such as birth control pills), there's a non-hormonal medication (tranexamic acid / Lysteda) that's usually very effective for heavy bleeding. Even NSAID's (such as Aleve) can help reduce bleeding. I hope the information I provided will be helpful to all. Best wishes for all the mothers in future to get a healthy child. Be safe and stay blessed.

johigarciajohigarcia
posted 3 days 3 hours ago
Hello, Thanks for sharing the amazing knowledge with us. I hope it will help us all.

sonamgupta21sonamgupta21
posted 2 days 2 hours ago
Hi dear. I had a bicornuate/ septate uterus. Whilst still having it is very lucky to have had a daughter whom I was able to carry to full term. However, she was indeed a total miracle as we went on to lose three babies after her. So I decided to have the septum removed. That was in dec 09. I was given the go-ahead to start trying in may 10. We were lucky enough to get pregnant straight away and our little boy was born in Feb of that year. However, even though the septum had been removed, I was still monitored for incompetent cervix. But because I had carried my daughter to full term this was deemed to be very low risk and I just had three extra scans at 16, 20 & 24 weeks. Well, thank god that I did because at my 24-week scan my cervix had started to shorten. I was given an emergency stitch and put on bed rest and thank god I was able to carry my son also to full term.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews