Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

the challenges many see with surrogacy

hellen201hellen201
posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
hello,
as one of the women who have benefited from the surrogate egg donations, one thing usually disturbs my conscience, the relationship with the donor. though the clinic where my surrogacy was done in Kiev follows a strict and laid down method of meeting with the surrogate, at times i worry that the surrogate donor may decide to change their minds.
for instance, if the egg which is donated is still legally the child to the donor, then it means that though i carried the pregnancy, this is like an adoption case. such are the challenges that may reduce the bonding between the surrogate child and the mother.
in spite of all these, the clinics should make it mandatory for the donors to shelve their rights to claim parenthood, as they are paid for the gesture. i love the clinic in Kiev-biotex, its tried to make every aspect of surrogacy legal, but i'm still worried!

Join JustParents to remove this advert

Alice2321Alice2321
posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
Well I dont know much about the topic as Im still in the stage in which im trying naturally and still havent found the need to try another methods to conceive. But I have heard the stories of some friends who are in the same situation as you. So I can somewhat understand your concerns, surrogacy is quite a delicate topic one must have in consideration. There are risk one doesnt see at the beginning. I have seen cases in which the mothers decided to keep the baby in the last minute and would leave the expectantly family with nothing and with a deep wound.

I must congratulate you for pointing such important issues and I hope many people can benefit from your advice in order to be able to fulfill their dreams. As I am well aware surrogacy is for some the only way to get a baby. Also I really like to comment on the support your clinic is giving you when trying to make it all legal. Im hearing good things from that clinic and Im glad they are doing a good job allowing many women to realize their dream.

maggie444maggie444
posted 2 months 1 week ago
Hi hellen, thank you for posting about such an important aspect of surrogacy. I have seen many women having this concern when the only way they can have a baby is surrogacy. I am happy for you that you are satisfied with your clinic and that it has made a great effort in your journey.

kellyK1kellyK1
Hi welcome dear. I am appreciating your courage to choose the best in class medical best treatment to defeat infertility problem in professional way. I can understand your problem and your doubt in easy and effective way. I also face the same problem in my life. I want to help you to overcome this difficult situation on behalf of my own experience. The first and most important thing that I want to say for you to think in positive way. Surrogacy is legal way and certified from government you need not panic about any legal difficulty.
It is a dream of every woman to become mother and alive to enjoy a healthy baby gift with brightness in their life. There are almost 20% women who are facing difficulty in natural conceiving. The surrogacy is most reliable and effective treatment to handle infertility problem with Medical Science research based treatment. We are confusing in same problem like you. We research on many official website and consult with experience gynecologist to understand the exact condition of surrogacy. This is the best in class effective method that provide healthy egg Donor to skip multiple miscarriage problems. This is most effective treatment for rare cases pregnancy live death and other fatal injury during pregnancy. This is last and final hope for Major infertility problem. Now I am healthy and enjoying healthy baby that brings my life from darkness to brightness. You should be positive to audio problem you can start positive affirmation to boost your confidence to handle this critical problem in life. I hope you also got success to defeat infertility problem in your life.

MaryyyMaryyy
Hi everyone. I think it's the biggest fear that women face during their surrogacy journey. We try to stay positive about the chance to have a baby this way, but fears come to our mind and we can't beat them. I feel it too, sometimes. But anyway, such cases that are mentioned here are rare. And I've never heard about such problems in that clinic. I guess everyone there is just doing their jobs and they realize it (mostly I mean surrogate mothers). I also want to go there and I'm learning info about the place, so I tell you that such risks are rather in our heads, and they've got nothing to do with thereality. All the best to you, and stay positive, ladies!

laidbacklaidback
This is a side of the coin that isn't mentioned much! You see, things like this could happen. However I think that clinics take care of that. I'm pretty sure that clinics make their donors sign that they cannot "regret" their decision. That would be too fucked up! Thanks for pointing it out. I think of doing the same pretty soon. I will have to check thoroughly with my clinic for this! You don't have to worry too much though. I am sure that won't happen to you. You'll be fine. The child will be yours! THeres nothing that will be able to take it away form you. I can guarantee that. Not only guarantee that but I am willing to fight for you. Hit me up here if things come to the worst. Wish you all the best hunny!

BLeon1221BLeon1221
Hello I am new to this forum but I couldnt help but feel quite intrigued by this topic. My name is Brenda and I am being diagnosticated with Low Ovarian reserve and so after two failed IVF I had began to search for other possible way I could get pregnant. My main problem with IVF is that because the low numbers of egg I have, the doctor can only obtain a few when doing the retrieval. I have taken interest in your post because that point you mention was one of the concerns I had with surrogacy.
I still looking at both possibilities as I would like to seek an option which would let me increase my chances. I known that in IVF the quality is more important that quantity but Im sure that after 2 failed attempts any of you could say that is not a bad idea to research some other options.
Back to the topic, I have seen cases in which happens just like you say. The surrogate mother accept and just at the last minute she decides she doesnt want to give the baby away and the other mother end up with nothing. While I dont support forcing them I think those women should have though things through before donning their egg or decided to be surrogative mom's. I mean i was under the impression that they were into it as they wanted to help some other mothers or they were unable to take care of their children and wanted to give a good home. Because I dont think they do this just for the sake of it.

Regardless I share the same concern. I appreciate you sharing this and I would appreciate if you were to tell me any more issues which could happen while trying for Surrogacy or Egg donation..

janetRjanetR
posted 2 months 3 days ago
Thank you for rasing such important concerns, hellen. And also for letting us know about this clinic that really supported you through the surrogacy. happy for you

maggie444maggie444
Yes, I have hear about the clinic being very professional in terms of surrogacy and also the laws in that country are favorable for surrogacy. It does seem to be the best option if you are considering surrogacy!

Fredia79Fredia79
It is true that for some women, surrogacy is the only option and when you do have a great clinic to get the treatment done, there is no feeling better than it.

sam_02sam_02
You do have some good suggestions, for the clinics in terms of surrogacy. I agree that they should make it mandatory for the donors to shelve their rights to claim parenthood. I hope this clinic that you are talking about has strict guidelines.

maggie444maggie444
Yes, I have hear about the clinic being very professional in terms of surrogacy and also the laws in that country are favorable for surrogacy. It does seem to be the best option if you are considering surrogacy!

Fredia79Fredia79
I think the clinic has indeed done a great job of making many women see their dreams come true. As one of my nieghbours has been there last year and today is a happy mom to two kids. The couple is all praise about the clinic.

sam_02sam_02
Hi brenda, I suggest you go for an initial consultation to this clinic and as hellen said, they do have a great surrogacy program. I am hoping you will find what you need there.

kellyK1kellyK1
posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
Hi dear. First of all I just want to say you do not need to worry and be happy for having such a sweet baby. In the word there are many women who are struggling very much to have the fertility. Surely you also thought about this before having the baby. Our condition sounds similar to each other. I had also face this kind of issues but one of my friends inspire me and encourage that it is not less than a miracle in life. You are very lucky and blessed who have such a sweet baby with the blessing of God. I know surrogacy is the expensive treatment but it is the best medical treatment to conceive the baby. There are many women who choose the surrogacy treatment and still feeling lucky to have baby after struggling in life. Love between the mother and child is unconditional. You get the full support and blessing of your dear ones and finally you have such a beautiful and lovely baby in your lap.
It is the time to be happy and create the beautiful moments in your home and play with the child. Having a baby is boon and the woman who get the baby though struggle can truly understand this. Now you just need to take care of your baby and feed the healthy and nutrients diet to it. You also need to have the rich iron nutrients and supplements diets for feeding the breast milk. It will lighten your way to the positive direction and you can live happily with heart and soul. You need to get up early in the morning and go for the morning walk. It keeps you healthy and you can easily care about your baby.

Shree1990Shree1990
posted 1 month 4 weeks ago
Not sure what to say about it. It does seem very complicated. I mean, it must be stressful on all the parties I imagine and it is not easy for a woman to choose this method for earning money but well circumstances are circumstances. Also, do you live in Ukraine? I mean if you don't, do you think there could be any problems in the future, except that she would like to meet the child? I wonder how does your husband think about it. It is easy to comment for me but I would really like to know what does it feel like during such trials in life for others? It may prepare me when my time comes.

Time4babyTime4baby
posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
Hello OP! Thanks for this thread. I think it's very important topic. Especially for women who go abroad to have surrogacy or ivf with donor eggs. I'm one of them. I'm currently looking where my surrogacy can be done. This is not easy to decide where to go. Nowadays there are hundreds of clinics, but not all of them can be called professional. That's why so many intended parents fall into troubles. I'm in a search for a couple of months already. During this time I've read so many stories of women who shared their surrogacy experience. Some of them are so touching. You read them and you think everything will be perfect. But some of them are so disturbing... It's so scary that even surrogacy can go wrong. We should be very careful and overthink each step.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews