Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Parents feared to counsel me on sex life

gargar
posted 3 weeks 1 day ago
Hi
My name is Kite and I am a new member in this forum. I will highly appreciate sharing more with you. Romanticism in my high school life messed me. No one was always there to teach me values when I needed them the most. I used to attend a boarding school where moral decay was the order of the day. when anyone of my schoolmates sparked dialogue about issues of sex and drugs, I was always merry. My parents always feared and looked shy to bring the topic of sex. In our school days, not even the class captains minded the sexually transmitted diseases which could affect our studies immensely. Sexual orientation was always not done to us in our induction to high school life. The school was a Sodom and Gomorrah where sodomy was the best thing that retained and held us in school. Teachers used to take us for counselling sessions but all their pleas fell on deaf ears. The drug menace was so detrimental that even skiving classes became so frequent and no one thought about the future. It was a mixed grill of drug and sex in a school that was well known for academic excellence. Discipline was not a subject to please us neither did it sound so important to us at a time when everyone was very high on drugs. We always translated drugs with sex and studies was the second option. It only took the intervention of the school head to channel us to a daily counselling program with professional experts in medicine that we decided to change for the better. We now live a happy and cautionary life after abstaining fully from drugs and substance abuse.

Join JustParents to remove this advert

kim9kim9
posted 3 weeks 6 hours ago
Thank you very much for such an inspiring message. Sometimes as parents we face challenges especially during the growth and development of our children. In such circumstances, we tend to be on tenterhooks on how to handle them. But through forums such as this, we learn more and share and we extend that to bringing our children.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews