Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Parents feared to counsel me on sex life

gargar
posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Hi
My name is Kite and I am a new member in this forum. I will highly appreciate sharing more with you. Romanticism in my high school life messed me. No one was always there to teach me values when I needed them the most. I used to attend a boarding school where moral decay was the order of the day. when anyone of my schoolmates sparked dialogue about issues of sex and drugs, I was always merry. My parents always feared and looked shy to bring the topic of sex. In our school days, not even the class captains minded the sexually transmitted diseases which could affect our studies immensely. Sexual orientation was always not done to us in our induction to high school life. The school was a Sodom and Gomorrah where sodomy was the best thing that retained and held us in school. Teachers used to take us for counselling sessions but all their pleas fell on deaf ears. The drug menace was so detrimental that even skiving classes became so frequent and no one thought about the future. It was a mixed grill of drug and sex in a school that was well known for academic excellence. Discipline was not a subject to please us neither did it sound so important to us at a time when everyone was very high on drugs. We always translated drugs with sex and studies was the second option. It only took the intervention of the school head to channel us to a daily counselling program with professional experts in medicine that we decided to change for the better. We now live a happy and cautionary life after abstaining fully from drugs and substance abuse.

kim9kim9
posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for such an inspiring message. Sometimes as parents we face challenges especially during the growth and development of our children. In such circumstances, we tend to be on tenterhooks on how to handle them. But through forums such as this, we learn more and share and we extend that to bringing our children.

leokokileokoki
posted 2 months 3 weeks ago
Kite thank you for sharing that moving story. Parents should take time and talk to their children on issues like drugs and sex because the struggle is real. Hoping you talk to your kids .

Shree1990Shree1990
posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
What time was this? This sounds very interesting. I would like to learn more about this era. It has got all the intrigue of a fabulous novel with real life lessons. Would I guess it was the 70s? But maybe not. Please tell us more about this time you experienced. I like to learn cults.

TrinityTrinity
posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
Dear Kite,
Thank you for your post that gives an insight into your high school days. It wasn't easy for parents to talk about sexual issues to their children in the past days. Most of them feared that their children would end up derailed as they sought to experiment on their own to discover one or two things. However, there is a link a between parental communication and secure sex practices. Everyone respects their parents, and they take in any advice that is given to them aimed at promoting responsible behavior. The discussions eliminate any risky behavior that would be injurious to the children. Parents don't need to go into the technical details about sex education; all they need is just to engage their children in a discussion aimed at creating awareness. The young people bear the brunt of sexually transmitted diseases, and the girls become vulnerable to teenage pregnancies. The preceding is avoidable through sex talks among children and their parents. Children who talk about sex with their parents end up delaying their sexual activity, and they grow to become of age before engaging in sexual activities. I hope you will teach sex education to your children.

nikkyjnikkyj
posted 4 weeks 1 day ago
I'm worried about this subject to, been reading for a while on how to deal with it.

HeideRobitaHeideRobita
posted 4 weeks 10 hours ago
Great read! I think the key to a healthy, loving and open parent-child relationship is communication. That is the first and ultimate step. Do you agree?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews