Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Behavioral change

mumymumy
posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Hi
My name is Caleb and I am a new member in this forum. I will highly appreciate sharing more with you. As a parent with a young school going children, I never thought peer influence can totally affect my child’s performance. In a pre-unit level, my last born was a good girl endowed with good morals. Performance in school was so pleasing that I had to wear a smile each day. The house was always flowered with tokens, awards and even books given from school. She was up to the mark in classwork and in co-curricular activities. Rising the ranks of the grade one to grade seven before joining high school, the good character started sinking. I abstained from caning and always thought the character of my child will change for the better. On entering, high school the behaviors changed to the worst. This time my child started joining a crop of students who never minded about their education. They started engaging in untoward behaviors that called for teachers calling parents. From skiving classes to leading strikes in school. It was a telling time for us parents as we tried to mold our kids. We held caucuses with teachers, head teachers and all the stake holders of the institution to try to change the student behaviors. To nip them in the bud, all parents agreed to embrace continuous counselling. Teachers and the students themselves adhered to that and at grade 9 the students changed their characters for the better.

kim9kim9
posted 4 months 2 weeks ago
Behavioural change depends on the adaptation of the child in the environment they have been brought up in. It is at this point the child picks all on desirable and desirable behaviours that may not be right in the people surrounding him or her.Sometimes it can be very hard to revert the behaviour especially at the very advanced age of the child. Otherwise, the best time is when the child is younger so that as the brain grows, it can easily adapt to the conditions put in place.Otherwise, I am very much delighted for learning more from your confession.

AleahAleah
posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
* Hello, Caleb. I sympathy with your worries. The change that happens to her is normally because she is in the second stage, it may be temporary. It’s often a mental disorder. This change is characterizing by change relation. I recommended you to discuss the problem with her and try to discover what happened around’s her.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews