My name is Amy Kerr. I am currently studying Children’s Play, Learning and Development at Ashton Sixth Form College in my second year. I am carrying out a research topic: “Is parental involvement beneficial to a child’s learning and development?” I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire. You may e-mail your responses to [url=mailto:14kerramy@asfc.ac.uk]14kerramy@asfc.ac.uk[/url].
Thank you!

Do you think that parental involvement benefits a child’s learning and development?
Yes No
Do you receive any support from your child’s setting to be involved in their learning?

Yes No
What support do you receive?

Do you carry out any of these activities regularly with your child at home?

Reading
Jigsaws or other educational games
Supporting them with homework
Taking children on outings, such as to the zoo or the park
Other (please specify:)

How much time per day do you spend supporting your child?
Less than 10 minutes 10-20 minutes 20-30 minutes 30+ minutes
How regularly do you attend parent’s evenings at your child’s school, or have discussions with your child’s teacher?
Never When I can I would never miss it

What advice or guidance do you receive on helping your child from attending parents evenings or having these discussions?

Do you ever face any problems in being involved with your child’s learning at home?
Yes No
Which problems do you face?
Time due to work commitments
Time due to other children or family
Teachers’ availability for discussions
Lack of money for activities with children
Lack of resources
Other (please specify:)

How do you overcome these problems?

Does the school provide you with activities and resources to carry out at home?

Yes No

What does the setting provide you with? How do they support your child’s learning and development?