Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Do you make your own soaps?

kaka135kaka135
posted 1 year 6 months ago
I started to learn how to make soaps, as I think they are more natural and better for kids and babies. Moreover, I have always heard about using breast milk to make the soap, which is even better for the baby.

Soap making is not as difficult as I thought, and not as costly as well. Though I just use the three very basic oils (olive oil, palm oil and coconut oil) which are less expensive, I think it's still better for the young children to use the chemical products.

I have made two batches of soaps, and going to make another two batches soon before my baby is born. I am not sure if I will have time to make the soap with my breast milk when the baby is here.

Do you make your own soaps? Do you have any favorite recipes to share?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

darkchilddarkchild
posted 1 year 5 months ago
Wow! You must be super talented to decide to make soaps for your baby. I am too tired and stressed to think of something like that. Though it sounds amazing, especially with the breast milk but I would rather not venture into it until my kid has grown independent; since I do virtually everything for him.

Amelia88Amelia88
I've never made my own soaps, but I love buying hand made soaps when I'm at local markets and things like that! I love that they're natural and I also love being able to support small businesses too, rather than always buying from large corporations.

I would be interested in learning how to make my own, but right now I just have so much on my plate that it would be hard to find the time (and space!) to make them right now.

kaka135kaka135

darkchild said:
Wow! You must be super talented to decide to make soaps for your baby. I am too tired and stressed to think of something like that. Though it sounds amazing, especially with the breast milk but I would rather not venture into it until my kid has grown independent; since I do virtually everything for him.
I have always been thinking about making my own soap since my first child was born, but it didn't happen until recently. I have a neighbor who is making her own soap for selling and she conducts soap making classes as well. So, I just attended a class, and it's really not as difficult as I thought. It's like making cake or bread, but much easier.

Amelia88 said:
I've never made my own soaps, but I love buying hand made soaps when I'm at local markets and things like that! I love that they're natural and I also love being able to support small businesses too, rather than always buying from large corporations.

I would be interested in learning how to make my own, but right now I just have so much on my plate that it would be hard to find the time (and space!) to make them right now.
Since I have read more and more negative comments about those commercial products, I prefer to use more natural or handmade products nowadays, especially for the young children. Hence, I started to learn how to make them myself. It can be really expensive when we buy them, as it requires lots of time and effort to make them at home.

I can understand when having too much on the plate, especially when we have young children at home with us. Perhaps you'll find out how to make them when your children are older.

LillianJacksLillianJacks
posted 1 year 3 months ago
I make all our own soap. I havent bought any for years except if i've ran out. The family all complain when I buy soap because they say it leaves their skin dry now they are used to homemade.

I guess it can be as cost effective as you like, for instance using cheaper oils like sunflower (not too much of this one though as whilst its moisturising, it also makes for a soft bar.

People also use tallow (animal fat) however I wouldnt like to try this.

I actually make expensive soap for the family as I use luxury ingredients like shea butter and jojoba oil. However it makes such a superior product that I no longer need to use body lotions after the bath as my skin is left nice and moisturised.

Homemade soap is far better for your skin as well as it doesnt strip off all the oils, its really gentle.

Glycerin is a by product of soapmaking, but the big manufacturers skim this off and sell it - its no longer in the store bought soaps.

Plus, you put in what you want to...... no chemicals!
[/li][/ul]

MMartellMMartell
posted 1 year 1 month ago
Making your own soap is a good idea. How I wish , I could try once fro myself. But, the soap I use was prescribed by my doctor because I do have a very sensitive skin. So its either, I purchase it from them or the nearest drugstore.

RossBellRossBell
posted 10 months 2 weeks ago
Can you send its procedure to make the soap or the link?

sugarnspicesugarnspice
posted 7 months 4 days ago
My babies are prone to skin allergies so I use hypoallergenic liquid soaps exclusively.

laurellaurel
posted 3 months 1 week ago
Never made my own but we did receive a gift of some cow pat soap!!! Smile

It sounds crazy but it was lovely and a natural exfoliant.

Cow Patty I believe it was called.

Not sure about making it myself though. Ha ha. Where to begin with that! LOL. x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews