Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

The earliest a pregnancy test will work?

Amelia88Amelia88
posted 1 year 7 months ago
I'm currently in the 2 week wait to find out if this month is the lucky month for conception. I'm sorry if all of you get sick of hearing about my excitement - it can be hard to contain! I've seen pregnancy tests in the store that say they can pick up the hCG hormone level as early as 6 days from your missed period, but I don't want to be let down - I'm assuming they're only accurate if you're producing a lot of the hormone early on!

What was the earliest you've tested and got a positive result? Do you test early when you're trying to conceive, or wait until you miss your period to avoid any disappointment?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

darkchilddarkchild
posted 1 year 7 months ago
I wait to miss a period but your instincts are never wrong; I would advice you take the test which I hope will be positive or you could wait a few more weeks if the curiosity does not get the better part of you

Goodluck!

missiemousemissiemouse
posted 1 year 6 months ago
Most pregnancy test kits can detect HCG as early as 3-4 days after implantation. On the day that you missed your period, if you are pregnant, 74% of those who take the test will result to a positive one. Of course, there's that 26% who will test negative. However, if you test 10 days after your missed period and it resulted to a negative, then it's more likely that you're not pregnant.

As for me, I didn't use a pregnancy test kit until my second month of period delay. I cannot remember if I tested positive though since that was years ago. But it's more likely that I did, since I was really pregnant at that time already, LOL.

Good luck and I hope it's a positive result!

Amelia88Amelia88

missiemouse said:
Most pregnancy test kits can detect HCG as early as 3-4 days after implantation. On the day that you missed your period, if you are pregnant, 74% of those who take the test will result to a positive one. Of course, there's that 26% who will test negative. However, if you test 10 days after your missed period and it resulted to a negative, then it's more likely that you're not pregnant.

As for me, I didn't use a pregnancy test kit until my second month of period delay. I cannot remember if I tested positive though since that was years ago. But it's more likely that I did, since I was really pregnant at that time already, LOL.

Good luck and I hope it's a positive result!
It wasn't to be this month - it's so hard being patient, though! I tried 4 tests in the lead up, all negative which was correct. Even though I wasn't expecting it to happen right away, I was still a little disappointed of course! I think we all hope that when we're trying it'll be an easy and quick process...and I think sometimes I forget that more often than not it takes a few months for most people!

missiemousemissiemouse
@Amelia88

Aww... Don't worry, the right time will come to you. I think that the more we stress out, the more hard it is to conceive. So as best as you can, try to stay calm and relaxed. Don't think about it at all, which can be quite difficult to do, I know. The more that you focus on the issue, the more stressed out you become. And yeah, I would rather wait before trying out pregnancy test kits. Chances are, those test kits are also stressful to you.

That's just the thing with pregnancy, it might be too quick for some and for others, not so much. So better enjoy the process of getting there, rather than take that for granted. No matter what, you have your family there for you. And if you're lucky, a little blessing will be next. Good luck and take care of yourself. I hope the next thread you open is about a little baby already.Smile

windowrushwindowrush
posted 2 months 4 weeks ago
I'd say that you should wait until you miss your period before testing. I'd agree that your body will tell you that you are pregnant because of the symptoms but to be sure, wait until your period is due.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews