Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

The Richer Spouse

darkchilddarkchild
posted 1 year 3 months ago
When your spouse makes more money than you do, does this make him/her feel more superior over you subconsciously? Also, does the spouse with the bigger pay check make the decisions in the home or it does not affect you as a couple?

Join JustParents to remove this advert

BarbieDollBarbieDoll
Yes, absolutely. My husband certainly feels and has always felt superior due to his paycheck. But he has never rubbed my nose in it, and it doesn't translate into him being the one in charge, or the decision maker. But I know certainly he feels superior because of this, and I kind of think it is ok, because after all it is an accomplishment for him.

zoribridazoribrida
My husband currently makes much more money than I do, but that has never affected our relationship. I don't think he feels superior over me and I don't feel that way too. After all, those are our family's money. I'm really happy for him that he has the opportunity to provide for our family more than I do. However, I don't think he would be comfortable if, at some point, I start to earn more than him:)

kaka135kaka135
This doesn't apply in my family. We have always been putting the money we earned together and we just spend time when necessarily. Whenever we make any big decision in purchase, we'll discuss together. I am glad that money is never an issue to us, we always think as long as we have enough to spend on our needs, that's good.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Forum search

Latest Reviews